none
Coded UI for web links in Windows store apps RRS feed

• Question

• I want to automate using coded UI. Iam clicking on a link(URL which redirects to browser page for ex facebook, twitter, blogger) in a windows store app page. I want to validate if the correct URL page is loaded on clicking the link. How do i automate the scenario using coded UI.

Note: When we click on a link in windows store apps, the respective page is opened in right hand pane of desktop in Windows machines.

Thanks for the helping hands!!

Nandini

• Moved by CoolDadTx Wednesday, January 22, 2014 4:05 PM Test related
    Wednesday, January 22, 2014 5:50 AM

Answers

• Hi Nandini,

If you want to know whether the specific page is loaded well, one idea is that you could record an action in this page, for example, get the text value of controls in this page or others. Or you could check whether you could get any properties for your control in the windows store app which are related to the URL, and compare the value for it. Hope it could help.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, January 23, 2014 11:28 AM