none
Access Database Question RRS feed

• Question

• Good Day.  I have a question and hopefully someone can help me.  I am not very computer savvy, but need help with trying to upload an Access 2000 database file to my new laptop.  I keep getting an 'Administrator Rights' type of error message and I'm not sure what to do.  Can anyone help?

Tina_VWC

Friday, January 3, 2020 3:33 AM

All replies

• Tina_VWC,

This group (which is about Microsoft Word development) isn't the right place for your question.

If you haven't already found an answer, I suggest that you have a look at http://answers.microsoft.com instead.

Some things that would be useful for anyone trying to answer your question are:

- where the Access 2000 database is at the moment (on an old laptop/desktop, somewhere else?)

- what version of Windows and Office/Access you have on your new laptop

- where *exactly* you are trying to put the database on your new laptop. For example, if you try to put it in a folder such as C:\ or D:\  , that is, the "root" folder of a drive, Windows might object, but maybe not if you put it in a subfolder of that "root"

- whether your database has a separate "workgroup security database" which might also have to be moved. (I doubt it in this case, but if you know otherwise you should mention it).

Peter Jamieson

Tuesday, January 7, 2020 8:37 PM