WP8.1 Calendar adds all day events on Google to previous day RRS feed

• Question

• Since upgrading my phone to 8.1 dev preview, whenever I add all-day events to my Google Calendar from the default app on my phone, the events jump to the day before that which I selected.

I presume this is related to my time zone. Both my phone and Google account are set to New Zealand time (GMT+12 at present outside DST).

Makes the app kind of worthless if I always have to use Google's web interface to add events.

Thursday, April 24, 2014 9:21 PM

All replies

• I'm also having this same issue in Finland (GMT +2). This must be a Bug.
    Sunday, May 11, 2014 9:30 PM
  • When I create a new whole day event in the WP8.1 calendar app, the event appears gets uploaded to the Google calendar on the wrong day (e.g. visible on https://www.google.com/calendar/). Happens every time. E.g. when creating an event for the 20 May, it appears on the 19 May. Also, it is first shown on the correct day in the WP8.1 calendar, but moves to the incorrect day after the next sync with Google calendar.

On the other hand: when I create a whole day event on Google's webpage, it syncs correctly to WP81.
    Also normal (1 hour) events are uploaded correctly from WP8.1 to Google calendar. So maybe not a timezone issue.

My Google calendar timezone is configured to "(GMT+01:00) Zürich"
    My WP8.1 device is configured to automatically set date, time & timezone and seems to be using "(UTC+01:00) Amsterdam, Berlin, Bern, Rom, Stockholm".
    We are on "summer time" (daylight savings) now at my phyiscal location.

Know bug? Bugfix planned?

Regards, Markus
    Tuesday, May 13, 2014 11:41 AM