issue with user display name (user.fullname) ONLY in deployed application RRS feed

• Question

• After making a routine update to a production VS 2012 LS Silverlight client application that uses Windows authentication (hosted on premises), I noticed that the user name that is displayed in the shell is now showing the user.name (domain\username) instead of the user.fullname (display name). I use the standard Silverlight client shell with no modifications, so nothing in my code should have effected the user name displayed by the shell. When I run the project in VS2012 (F5), it correctly displays the user.fullname, but when published to the web server, it shows user.name.  This just happened with the latest application update (it has previously been updated and republished almost 200 times before with no issues).  Any ideas?
    Thursday, November 20, 2014 5:32 PM

All replies

• The value of FullName is normally in the aspnet profile table.

Did you change something over there ?

paul.

paul van bladel ==independent enterprise application architect== http://blog.pragmaswitch.com

Thursday, November 20, 2014 9:40 PM
  • No, no changes to that table.  This application uses Windows authentication so I don't believe it is getting the values from there, but rather from active directory.
    Friday, November 21, 2014 5:49 AM