On-Premise Active Directory

Question

• I am trying to create a LOB app that will not be published to the Store, but rather side-loaded to several surface tablets that are not connected to our domain.

The tablets are logged in via a generic local account.

I need to be able to have the app ask for a login to my Active Directory(not Azure) to allow access to the app. I have not been able to find an example of this. Can anyone give me an example code to get this done.

I need to have the login page ask for the credentials and then authenticate against my local AD.

Thanks for all your help.

Friday, March 7, 2014 8:37 PM

Answers

• Hi rlawrimore,

As you noted, System.DirectoryServices is not available in Windows Store App. DirectoryService-related interfaces seems not available neither(for example, IDsAdminCreateObj.).

However ADWS (Active Directory Web Service) might be the thing that you need for AD user authentication.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, March 10, 2014 7:20 AM