Interaction between CSF and Exchange Server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am new to CSF.My requirement is to extract the outlook information from Exchange server through CSF.

First of all I need to know whether there is a direct interaction between CSF and Exchange server or not.

Please reply me ASAP, it's very urgent.

Thanks in advance
    Vasantha

Monday, December 10, 2007 12:47 PM

All replies

•  

CSF is typically used in Hosted scenarios, even with Exchange Server, through a management interface for service control (like adding/updating/deleted users etc).

Your question sounds as you want to access information in a particular mailbox? Which could be possible through Exchange web services, but that's not a scenario where CSF best fits in.

Maybe you describe a bit more in detail what you are planning, so we can validate your approach?

Monday, December 10, 2007 1:44 PM

• Thanks for your response.

My problem is, I want to extract the Contacts, Calendar information of a particular user from Exchange Server.

Whenever request comes from Client, CSF needs to interact with Exchange server and gives the details back to the Client.

Currently I am using Exchange Server 2003.

I want to know whether there is any way to interact with Exchange Server through CSF ?

I heard that there is one adapter called "Microsoft Exchange Server Wes Adapter" is available, Is it suitable for above scenario?

Please clarify my doubts ASAP.

Thanks
    vasantha

Monday, December 10, 2007 2:02 PM
  • Hi Vasantha,

CSF Integration with Exchange Server 2003 is very much possible and easy to do. I have successfully done one such implementation but I had programmed my own Exchage Adapter for the same. Using core HTTP Requests one can easily retrieve the information from Exchange Server.

I would suggest you to write our own Exchange Server Adapter using core HTTP Request. Using CSF is a definite value add as long as you need to collaboration of system / services and orchestration for them.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Rishabh Kapoor

Wednesday, December 12, 2007 5:57 PM

• Hi Rishabh,

Thanks for your information.

Could you please explain me in detail about the Adapter & writing the code for it using HTTP request ? 

If you don't mind, Could you please give me the code sample for Exchange Server Adapter using core HTTP request ?

This is a urgent requirement, Please reply me ASAP.

Thanks
    Vasantha
    Thursday, December 13, 2007 4:33 AM
  • Hi Vasantha,

I was travelling in the last week so could not reply to you.

Well, in order to develop your own Exchange Adapter you will have to develop a CSF Service with the Operations adhering to your reqirements. Additionally you should have the code in the Operations using WebDAV for communicating with Exchange Server 2003.

The below link should help you if you are using any versions before Exchange 2007:

http://www.msexchange.org/articles/Access-Exchange-2000-2003-Mailbox-WebDAV.html

In case you are using Exchange Server 2007 - life is simpler as there are web services for everything.

Vasantha - I do not have the code for Exchange Adpater handy and thus it will be difficult for me to share any code with you. I firmly believe that the above should help you out for going forward. Please feel free to let me know if you still face issues.

Regards,

Rishabh Kapoor

Tuesday, December 18, 2007 8:02 PM
  • Hi Vasantha,

I have not heard from you on this item further. Were you able to proceed with the Integration and the Exchange Adapter stuff. Do let me know if you are facing issues else request you to kindly close this open thread.

Regards,

Rishabh Kapoor

Friday, December 21, 2007 6:36 PM