Multi language support in mvc 5 RRS feed

• Question

• User-698357872 posted

What are the best practice to have a web application which support multi language. Am totally new to the concept.

Its a dynamic web application, for dynamic dropdown data we are rendering details from database as per selected language and other information we are storing as english in database. 

Kindly advise

Friday, September 18, 2020 2:50 PM

Answers

• User475983607 posted

What are the best practice to have a web application which support multi language. Am totally new to the concept.

Its a dynamic web application, for dynamic dropdown data we are rendering details from database as per selected language and other information we are storing as english in database. 

Kindly advise

I would start by reading the openly published Localization and Globalization documentation; https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/standard/globalization-localization/

As for database driven content, it is up to you to store the different translations and come up with a design.  I assume a language column.  

Can you share code or explain what problems you are having?

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, September 18, 2020 3:07 PM

All replies

• User475983607 posted

Kindly advise

I would start by reading the openly published Localization and Globalization documentation; https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/standard/globalization-localization/

As for database driven content, it is up to you to store the different translations and come up with a design.  I assume a language column.  

Can you share code or explain what problems you are having?

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, September 18, 2020 3:07 PM
  • User-698357872 posted

Thanks mgebhard,

Am yet to start the development. Could you please share any sample project link.

Saturday, September 19, 2020 2:31 PM
  • User475983607 posted

Am yet to start the development. Could you please share any sample project link.

Is there something wrong with the link I provided above?  

Saturday, September 19, 2020 3:58 PM