none
Query Optimization RRS feed

• Question

• I've got a query that when i run without enabling Unique Values, returns over 750,000 results and with Unique Values enabled... about 15,000 result sets.Query contains 8 tables.

I've a selection form based on this query, attached, and in this form every next combobox RowSource is based on the previous selections. since the number of results are huge, this takes some time every time I want to select from the next drop list.

how is it possible to optimize this query please??

K

Thursday, November 12, 2015 3:54 PM

Answers

• how is it possible to optimize this query please??

Hi KhurramKZ,

Make sure that the search fields are key fields (primary key, alternate key), and the key values are short. Further try to prevent duplicate key values.

Imb.

• Marked as answer by KhurramKZ Friday, August 25, 2017 10:44 AM
    Thursday, November 12, 2015 4:50 PM

All replies

• how is it possible to optimize this query please??

Hi KhurramKZ,

Make sure that the search fields are key fields (primary key, alternate key), and the key values are short. Further try to prevent duplicate key values.

Imb.

• Marked as answer by KhurramKZ Friday, August 25, 2017 10:44 AM
    Thursday, November 12, 2015 4:50 PM
  • Imb-hb,

Thank you for the the hint, i didn't know all these points.

How is it possible please to search on primary and foreign keys if I need other columns in a result set? Attaching screenshot for reference, it is how my query looks like!

I need this query to run this query for few combo boxes on a search form. This making the search form really slow!!

Any help will be appreciated please.

Thanks.

Saturday, November 14, 2015 3:13 AM