'System.Threading.ThreadAbortException' in unknown module on compile or breakpoint RRS feed

• Question

• User-1176491996 posted

I am working with a ASP.NET 4.0 web application that has a pre-compiled portion, along with user controls that represent individual modules (think CMS). Running VS 2015 or 2013. On Windows 8.1, if my user control failed to build at run-time my development environment would exhibit typical behavior, which is a build exception, VS would break, give me the line number, I would fix the problem and move on, the application would continue to run.

Under Windows 10 the application runs ok. But if I have a build error, anything as simple as a typo in a control ID name, or hit a breakpoint I get a 'System.Threading.ThreadAbortException' in unknown module, with no additional information. Application stops running.  I am basically dead in the water as far as debugging goes. Any thoughts?

Monday, September 21, 2015 9:16 AM

Answers

• User-166373564 posted

Hi,

Here is the analysis of System.Threading.ThreadAbortException:

System.Threading.ThreadAbortException is just plain weird. For instance, most exceptions happen because of something code did on its own thread: even asynchronous exceptions are caused by something your code did on the current thread. 

More information: ThreadAbortException

hope it helps you.

With regards,

Angie

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, September 22, 2015 1:35 AM