Documents not prefixed with doc set name RRS feed

• Question

• Have set up doc sets so that documents uploaded to them are prefixed with the doc sets name.

Yet this isn't happening on any of the libraries that we have created. Am I missing something.
    General document set content type which contains a content type of eDocument (parent = document)

All docs simply have the name they are uploaded with - nothing else

Monday, September 23, 2013 8:59 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I has a document set content type which contains a content type of Document, and I add a File in to it.

If I create a new document set, it has the ’14.png’ file by default, and its name is ‘document set name-14’.

If I new or upload a document, its name is the document name which is not prefix with the doc sets name.

If you want to prefix with the doc sets name when you new or upload a document, you need to use Event Receiver to update the name.

Best Regards,

Linda Li

Linda Li
    TechNet Community Support

• Edited by Lindali Wednesday, September 25, 2013 1:13 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Hemendra Agrawal Tuesday, October 1, 2013 11:45 AM
    • Marked as answer by Lindali Wednesday, October 2, 2013 1:26 AM
    Wednesday, September 25, 2013 1:10 AM

All replies

• Hi,

According to your post, my understanding is that you wanted to prefix with the doc sets name when uploading document to document set.

By default in SharePoint 2010, the name of the documents which contain in document set content type are prefixed with the doc sets name, but documents uploaded to them are only displayed the document name.

I suggest to use Event Receiver to update the name when the document is uploaded.

More information:

Creating SharePoint 2010 Event Receivers in Visual Studio 2010: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg252010(v=office.14).aspx

Best Regards,

Linda Li

Linda Li

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 10:18 AM
  • Neither "new" documents or uploaded documents are prefixed for me.
    I have the box ticked in many doc set libraries and it doesn't happen in any of them.

New doc added

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 8:53 PM
  • New doc added (not uploaded)
    Tuesday, September 24, 2013 8:56 PM
  • Hi,

I has a document set content type which contains a content type of Document, and I add a File in to it.

If I create a new document set, it has the ’14.png’ file by default, and its name is ‘document set name-14’.

If I new or upload a document, its name is the document name which is not prefix with the doc sets name.

If you want to prefix with the doc sets name when you new or upload a document, you need to use Event Receiver to update the name.

Best Regards,

Linda Li

Linda Li

• Edited by Lindali Wednesday, September 25, 2013 1:13 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Hemendra Agrawal Tuesday, October 1, 2013 11:45 AM
    • Marked as answer by Lindali Wednesday, October 2, 2013 1:26 AM
    Wednesday, September 25, 2013 1:10 AM
  • ok it seems I may have misunderstood this functionality.
    I thought docs added to an existing docset would get the prefix.
    But it seems from what you say (and a test I just did) that this naming only applies to default content added to a doc set content type that you create

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 1:22 AM