The following forum(s) have migrated to Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Azure App Service - Web Apps!
Visit Microsoft Q&A (Preview) to post new questions.

Learn More

Can't Add Deployment Slot RRS feed

• Question

• When I go to "Deployment Slots" under an App Service Web App, I cannot add or remove deployment slots. There are two notes that say "You do not have write permission" and "You do not have swap permission". I have "Owner" permission inherited from the subscription.

How can I get higher permission than owner? This functionality used to be available, but is now missing.

Wednesday, August 21, 2019 9:09 PM

Answers

• Can you try again? There was a related incident that was mitigated around 16:00 UTC today.
    Friday, August 23, 2019 6:38 PM

All replies

• Hi JustinSDeveloper,

I believer the "Owner" permission is the highest permission you can have. Can you please try to add the below permissions to your role?

Microsoft.Web/sites/slots/Write

Hope that helps. Please let us know if you have further question.

Thanks,

Grace

Thursday, August 22, 2019 12:04 AM
  • When I go to "Deployment Slots" under an App Service Web App, I cannot add or remove deployment slots. There are two notes that say "You do not have write permission" and "You do not have swap permission". I have "Owner" permission inherited from the subscription.

How can I get higher permission than owner? This functionality used to be available, but is now missing.

Same problem here. I was able to deploy and swap slots last week.

I'm 'owner' as well.

Thursday, August 22, 2019 12:31 AM
  • We are experiencing the same problem. The last successful deployment slot swap was 6 days ago. When attempting to perform a swap today the messages "You do not have swap permissions" and "You do not have write permissions" appear. This is with Owner role inherited from the Resource Group.
    Thursday, August 22, 2019 6:51 PM
  • Same problem here. I was able to deploy and swap last time I tried, around 3 weeks ago.

sonnybsj

Thursday, August 22, 2019 10:20 PM
  • Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I am checking internally with our engineering team to see if this is a known issue.
    Friday, August 23, 2019 6:29 PM
  • Can you try again? There was a related incident that was mitigated around 16:00 UTC today.
    Friday, August 23, 2019 6:38 PM
  • It works for me now. Thanks for the quick fix.

sonnybsj

Friday, August 23, 2019 8:21 PM