Mirror PostGresSQL database to SQL Server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

I am currently doing integration between two different applications, I am using MS SQL and the other app is using <g class="gr_ gr_352 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_disable_anim_appear ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="352" id="352">postgresql</g>.

Is there any way of replicating <g class="gr_ gr_438 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="438" id="438">postgresql</g> to my <g class="gr_ gr_452 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="452" id="452">sql</g> server instance? 

Or add an external table coming from <g class="gr_ gr_508 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="508" id="508">postgresql</g>? (this would be ideal for us).

Regards,

Thursday, December 13, 2018 11:30 AM

All replies

• One way is to add a linked Server pointing to your PostGresSQL database: Linked Servers (Database Engine)

As a Manual process you can use Import/Export wizard: Connect to a PostgreSQL Data Source (SQL Server Import and Export Wizard)

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Thursday, December 13, 2018 12:09 PM
  • Hi,

Please re-edit your question so that we can better understand your requirements.

Best Regards
    Puzzle
    MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Friday, December 14, 2018 8:51 AM