none
Is it really impossible to change the display language of Word programmatically? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm working on a project where we are modularizing our Word templates because they have grown too numerous. Different parts, like subject, content, header, screenshots etc. are stored in a database and the templates can then be reassembled as desired. As part of this I am saving a Word document as ".htm" (Web Page).

For the current system to work properly I need the "_files" folder where additional files for the .htm document are stored to have a reliable name. So if I have a document called MyTemplate then the files should be in MyTemplate_files. However depending on the language settings of the user the name of the folder can change. So it might save it under MyTempalte_dateien (German). I found that changing the display language setting in Word determines the name of the folder, however I need to be able to this programmatically. Even after extensive searching I have found no way of making Word change the display language via .NET save for fumbling around in the registry.

Monday, September 26, 2016 1:29 PM

Answers

• Hi,

It is impossible to change the display language of word programmatically since Office package is separated for different language.

• Marked as answer by Mongan Wednesday, September 28, 2016 6:52 AM
    Wednesday, September 28, 2016 5:17 AM