doubt in Bootstrap setup.exe RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

I created a setup package for netcf.When i install it from desktop using Bootstrap setup.exe it asks

wheather to install framework 1.1? 

when net framework is not found.I should not get this message but the framework should be installed silently without giving confirmation message.

how can i do it?

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 11:55 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Senthil,

I have a couple of questions:

1) I am assuming that you have created your desktop setup exe using the steps mentioned here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnnetcomp/html/deploy_cf2_apps_cab_msi.asp. If not then can you please provide more information on how exactly did you create your setup msi?

2) Can you provide more details about what your setup project exactly does, i.e. are you trying to install netcf cab on the device are some application cab file. Is is possible for you to share your solution?

Thanks,

Manish

Friday, March 10, 2006 6:08 AM
  • Hi Manish,

I created a setup package (msi file) to install in PPC from desktop

using .NET CF 1.1. The setup file is created using windows Installer BootStrapper .I got the following files when i build setup file.

* Config.ini

* dotnetfx.exe

* setup.exe

* Settings.ini

* Myapplication.msi

So when I run setup.exe it checks for .Net framework in my desktop. If it is not there it install .net framework in my desktop before Myapplication.msi file is installed from desktop to PPC.During this process it gives some messages like Do you want to install .net Framework? and some license agreement pages of Microsoft’s.

So When I distribute the msi file to my clients they should not face these messages. That is .Net framework should be installed in desktop silently.

Regards,

Senthil.

Friday, March 10, 2006 7:22 AM
  • This is wrong forum to discuss desktop framework installation. Please check out forums/NG for desktop framework:

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework/search?group=microsoft.public.dotnet.framework&q=silent+installation&qt_g=1&searchnow=Search+this+group

Monday, March 13, 2006 7:54 PM