none
Go to definition RRS feed

• Question

• I am working in a solution with many projects, some VB and some C#, but this case both project are C# Class library.

I want to right click on a class in project one and go to definition (the class is created in project two). The result is [from metadata] but I want to see the class logic in project two. Same thing happens if I try to jump from C# to VB.NET when right click and go to definition, but this is probably the case becouse of different language?

MY question is, can I in some way help Visual Studio to understand my solution and thereafter easier jump between projects insteed of searching for the class manually or with a tool?

Regards,
    Magnus
    Friday, May 30, 2008 8:35 AM

Answers

• If you're not using project references and you are instead referencing the dll's then you will get the metadata version as that's the only data it has available, the dll doesn't know where it's source is.  There are some situations as far as I know where metadata is all you're ever going to have...like when referencing business classes from a web project for instance.
    • Marked as answer by Bruno Yu Wednesday, June 4, 2008 5:53 AM
    Friday, May 30, 2008 7:47 PM