none
Office add-in / apps for office deployment subsequent local debugging RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I have build a word office add-in.  I followed the following article to deploy to an Azure website. https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/dn622055.aspx, following the "Using Visual Studio 2013" in step 3.  That all went well.

Following deployment it appeared that I was no longer able to save any javascript code changes in my visual studio solution.  I tried to set breakpoints in my javascript, but none would be hit during debugging.  I then noticed that the javascript page (home.js) in the debug window was labelled with "[dynamic]".  It appears that whenever I run my code to debug I am actually remotely debugging on the Azure website.  I stopped the website and now when I attempt to run my project the task pane fails to load (because the task pane browser is trying to load the azure website).

Currently the only way I can make changes to my app is to

1.Make changes
    2.Publish to Azure
    3.Debug remotely

...this is far from ideal.

So my question is, what do I need to change so that I can make local changes to the solution in visual studio?

Many thanks

Monday, August 24, 2015 12:52 AM

Answers

• Hi ditchford,

To debug the Office add-in, I suggest that you change the manifest to the local web site. And after you have finished developing, we can publish the web site to Azure following the article above. 

If you want to debug the web site on the Azure, you need update the change to Azure before you debugging.

Hope it is helpful.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 3:20 AM