none
U-SQL Database selection Toolbar

Question

• Hi,

I may well be missing something very obvious here, but it seems that I don't see the database and schema drop downs on the u-sql toolbar in a u-sql script.  I only see options to specify number of AU's and submit the job.

I am using VS2017 and completely up to date regarding updates.  I am able to create u-sql projects, with execution both locally and against azure, so I believe that I have all relevant components installed.

I am looking for the toolbar that looks like below.  Can anyone point me in the right direction please?  

Thanks,
    Chris

Thursday, July 19, 2018 2:49 PM

Answers

• Hi ChrisBracchi,

In my script window too, I see ADLA account name, AU and Submit button. Can you please point me to the source of the screenshot?

For acheiving the above you can also select ADLA account from drop down and write the following statements as below:

USE DATABASE master; 

USE SCHEMA [dbo];

Thursday, July 19, 2018 6:55 PM

All replies

• Hi ChrisBracchi,

In my script window too, I see ADLA account name, AU and Submit button. Can you please point me to the source of the screenshot?

For acheiving the above you can also select ADLA account from drop down and write the following statements as below:

USE DATABASE master; 

USE SCHEMA [dbo];

Thursday, July 19, 2018 6:55 PM
  • Hi ChrisBracchi,

USE DATABASE master; 

USE SCHEMA [dbo];

Hi Vairavan,

Thanks,  I could do that short term, however, quite tedious to do every time.  

In this article publised 8th May 2018 even Microsoft show the correct (more useful toolbar) https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/data-lake-analytics/data-lake-analytics-data-lake-tools-get-started

Thanks,

Chris

Friday, July 20, 2018 7:05 AM
  • Can you please let me know what version of data lake are you using? You can check it by following the below steps:

1. Click tools -> Data lake -> about data lake

I was using VS 2015 and I got the screenshot from my previous reply. I upgraded to VS2017 and I see the view which you mentioned. Please take a look below.

Please let me know what version are you seeing.

Monday, July 23, 2018 10:21 PM
  • Same problem using version 2.3.4000.3

I added your USE...code and the Job ran just fine.

Thanks,

Wednesday, August 1, 2018 8:38 PM
  • Hi, Same issue. I am using VS 2017 version 2.3.4000.4

Regards,

Wednesday, August 22, 2018 4:13 PM