none
PSI Extensions - Create a PSI method to read a custom table on the Reporting Database. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

I created a custom table on the Reporting Database to store custom Rates, this customRates table have my own structure, so, I'm trying to figure it out how to manipulate this table like the PSI, I want to create a service like the PSI service to insert/update/read the custom Rates table. The examples on the SDK about PSI extension are using the existing data structure of the projects, resources, etc... but for this scenario I want to create a new structure for my custom Rates table.

Do you know if there is an example about reading custom tables using the PSI?

Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help.

Javier Perez

Monday, November 5, 2012 11:41 PM

Answers

• I think what you looking for is not possible using outbox PSI however you can develop your own custom web services or sql scripts for DML operations on your custom table.

Sachin Vashishth MCTS

Tuesday, November 6, 2012 11:24 AM
  • Hi Javier,

Is there any specific reason to access your custom data via PSI? Why don't you directly called your data using ADO.Net? If you really want to use PSI, then you can use Project Server SDK, under this folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Project 2010\Documentation\Intellisense\WCF\Source" you'll find the source and modify it accordingly.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks, Kashif

Wednesday, November 7, 2012 4:16 PM

All replies

• I think what you looking for is not possible using outbox PSI however you can develop your own custom web services or sql scripts for DML operations on your custom table.

Sachin Vashishth MCTS

Tuesday, November 6, 2012 11:24 AM
  • Hi Javier,

Is there any specific reason to access your custom data via PSI? Why don't you directly called your data using ADO.Net? If you really want to use PSI, then you can use Project Server SDK, under this folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Project 2010\Documentation\Intellisense\WCF\Source" you'll find the source and modify it accordingly.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks, Kashif

Wednesday, November 7, 2012 4:16 PM
  • Thanks for your help.

I already solved the issue using ADO.net.

Javier Perez

Monday, November 12, 2012 9:53 PM