User defined modules RRS feed

• Question

• I have a general idea of how to make a module.  I can extend several of the samples given and make my own things.... I can probably even figure out which peices were used and move them to other source trees.  

I want to write a module that is basically like an Activity.

It's been a few weeks since I played with this, and while developing I thought it was doing things that it really isn't.  I cannot find another example of a control that has a configuration dialog(page) for its internals.  Like everything under 'Set Configuration' is usually pretty much blank.  Or it's only for choosing a manifest....

But the activity, you can edit the internals, you can define what inputs you have and what outputs you have....

So i have a module that takes an array of inputs, processes them, and generates an array of outputs.  Both inputs and outputs should be named so they can be further routed to meaningful things, like motor forward, motor right....

It would look like Join in a few ways also I think.  In the first iteration I really want it to just be a generator of floating point outputs like a xbox controller I suppose.  But I need a way to trigger a dialog for configuring it... and probably hook into events for saving the layout.

If you can't astound 'em with brilliance... err you can't?

Friday, August 3, 2012 1:30 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Sorry, I am not sure I fully understand the problem(s). Could you break it down a bit?

Is there a specific sample you've started with? What do you mean by "configuration" and "internals"? Will "FlexibleDialog" fit your needs as far as being able to capture custom data from user?

Tuesday, August 7, 2012 12:55 AM
  • Closing due to no response.
    Tuesday, August 14, 2012 4:15 PM