how to abort a windows phone 7 submission RRS feed

• Question

• After I submit I app and it is under review. I find out a mistake and want to cancel current submit and 

submit a new version. How can I do it. I don't want to wait for a few days until the review process finish. 

• Moved by Mark Chamberlain - MSFT Monday, November 26, 2012 9:28 PM moved to the relevant forum (From:Developing for Windows Phone)
    Monday, November 26, 2012 8:43 AM

All replies

• Unfortunately there is currently no way to cancel your submission.

Jin

• Proposed as answer by Sidney_Andrews Tuesday, December 4, 2012 9:58 PM
    Tuesday, November 27, 2012 7:04 PM
  • Argh!

I did the same thing. Now I have to wait 10 days for my app to be published with a bug in it, so I can update it and wait another 10 days for the real version to be certified?

This is not good at all for the good people who are actively using my app and want this update.

Please fix it!

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 4:05 AM
  • I have the same issue.  Discovered a bug that will cause me to fail certification today and I just have to wait for it to fail.  I really wish I could just cancel the submission (like with the Windows 8 Store), fix the bug and resubmit.  This would save the Microsoft testers some wasted effort and also get my corrected app to the marketplace sooner.

There is a large thread about this on UserVoice, is this being considered at all?

• Proposed as answer by Exilerrr Saturday, December 29, 2012 11:08 AM
    Tuesday, December 4, 2012 10:00 PM
  • Why Windows Store can abort

Saturday, December 29, 2012 11:07 AM
  • ahh ! So, now I have to wait for certification it will take few more or days? I found an error there. I mistakenly resubmit the app without fixing the error. I wish someday there will be an options for cancelling submission app :( 

• Edited by htmansur Friday, March 29, 2013 5:07 PM
    Friday, March 29, 2013 5:02 PM
  • Wow, it took only 24 months of users' complaints to implement this
    • Edited by Marco Mura Saturday, April 6, 2013 1:00 AM
    Saturday, April 6, 2013 12:59 AM