Deleted login on on local sql cant remember SA RRS feed

• Question

• I have deleted my login for my local sql instance.  anddddd I cant remember the SA pass.  now i cant log in to my local SQL instance..  How can i solve this goof.....
    Tuesday, October 23, 2012 3:47 PM

Answers

• Marked as answer by Shulei Chen Thursday, November 1, 2012 9:32 AM
    Tuesday, October 23, 2012 4:34 PM
  • FYI..

Incase if you installed SQL server 2008 then by Default SA role doesn't exists for the BUILTIN/ADMIN... group... so incase if your service account running through the service account then you can use that one and you can reset the password of SA or if any account has Sysadmin then they can also perform.

Meanwhile follow the Irusul.. specified one ..!

Rama Udaya.K ramaudaya.blogspot.com ---------------------------------------- Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, October 24, 2012 4:38 AM
  • Hi,

Please also take a look at this article: Connect to SQL Server When System Administrators Are Locked Out. It describes how you can regain access to the SQL Server Database Engine as a system administrator when the sa account is disabled or no one knows the password.

Best Regards,
    Ray Chen

Thursday, October 25, 2012 7:04 AM
  • Start you Local SQL Server in Single user mode by changing the parameters of SQL  Server and you will be able to login into the server abnd add the required users  and then start SQL Server in Multi user mode

Ramesh Babu Vavilla MCTS,MSBI

Thursday, October 25, 2012 1:15 PM

All replies

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 4:34 PM
  • FYI..

Incase if you installed SQL server 2008 then by Default SA role doesn't exists for the BUILTIN/ADMIN... group... so incase if your service account running through the service account then you can use that one and you can reset the password of SA or if any account has Sysadmin then they can also perform.

Meanwhile follow the Irusul.. specified one ..!

Rama Udaya.K ramaudaya.blogspot.com ---------------------------------------- Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, October 24, 2012 4:38 AM
  • Hi,

Please also take a look at this article: Connect to SQL Server When System Administrators Are Locked Out. It describes how you can regain access to the SQL Server Database Engine as a system administrator when the sa account is disabled or no one knows the password.

Best Regards,
    Ray Chen

Thursday, October 25, 2012 7:04 AM
  • Start you Local SQL Server in Single user mode by changing the parameters of SQL  Server and you will be able to login into the server abnd add the required users  and then start SQL Server in Multi user mode

Ramesh Babu Vavilla MCTS,MSBI

Thursday, October 25, 2012 1:15 PM
  • Hi ,Have you tried possible suggestion which informed by All.

Monday, October 29, 2012 2:38 PM