locked
Assignment not shown for Resource RRS feed

  • Question

  • We've been using Project Server 2010 for several monhts and just yesterday started seeing an issue we have not seen before. The issue is:

    New project is published successfully. No failed jobs in the queue and no errors in the logs. Looking at the project schedule in PWA through the Assignments Detail view we can see that all the task with all the assignments are published.

    However, when going to the My Tasks page, Timesheets page or Resource Center->Resource Assingments page the assignment is now shown. If we the Insert Task functionality on the timesheet page the project shows up in the dialog box, but we only see the first summary task and cannot select any other task.

    We have checked that the Resource has the correct Assignment Owner and that the Booking Type is set to Committed. We have also checked that the assignment is stored correctly in the MSP_ASSIGNMENTS table in the published database. All columns here looks to have normal values.

    Any ideas to what we can further check to resolve this issue?

    Regards, Stig


    Regards, Stig
    Thursday, April 28, 2011 9:25 AM

Answers

  • The problem was finally resolved. Seemed to have been an issue with replacing local resources with enterprise resources in the import project wizard. Impossible to find out whether this was the fault of the user or an issue with the wizard. Case closed.
    Regards, Stig
    • Marked as answer by Stig Monday, May 2, 2011 1:16 PM
    Monday, May 2, 2011 1:15 PM

All replies

  • Hi Stig,

    you may have already checked? Is field "Publish" set to No?. This will hide tasks from Tasks and Timesheets, but not from Project Detail views (not sure about Resource Center->Resource Assignments page). With this reason, it would also explain why this task is not listed in Insert Task dialog.

    Regards
    Barbara

    Thursday, April 28, 2011 9:53 AM
  • Hi Barbara,

    we have indeed checked that this is set to Yes. Even tried setting this to No, publishing, setting back to Yes and then publishing again.

     


    Regards, Stig
    Thursday, April 28, 2011 10:10 AM
  • Hi Stig,

    I assumed that, but wanted to make sure. Currently I have no more ideas. You have checked all possibilties to hide tasks from Task page I am aware of:

    • Publish = No: hide a task for all assigned resources
    • Booking Type = Proposed: hide all tasks of a project for a resource
    • Assignment Owner <> Resource: hide specific assignments for a resource

    Only a few more ideas, which won't help?

    • There is a filter applied on Tasks and Timesheet?
    • Since it is a new project: Have you tried to delete this project from Published DB and re-published?

    Hopefully someone else will fall in!
    Good luck
    Barbara

    Thursday, April 28, 2011 12:04 PM
  • Hi,

    We did not try to delete it and then publish it again. May be worth a try. The filters we have definitely checked multiple times.

    For at least one of the resources that is used on the project there is a timesheet that is already approved and this timesheet is inside the time period where the assignment should be scheduled.

    Have you ever heard whether approved/locked timesheets could give issues with publishing new assignments?


    Regards, Stig
    Thursday, April 28, 2011 12:30 PM
  • Hi Stig,

    I have tried: Closed timesheet periods don't prevent tasks to be displayed. If a timesheet is already approved, tasks are not added. Howver, they are displayed in Tasks, even with SEM enabled. Since you wrote that you cannot see them there, I don't think this to be the issue?

    Doe sthe same happen for a new project with only one taks assigned for your ressources? (Is it an issue of this very project or some basic setting).

    Regards
    Barbara

    Thursday, April 28, 2011 4:17 PM
  • Many thanks for that, Barbara.

    We did not expect that to be the cause, but we are a little bit lost. And the problem is indeed only for this one project and not a general issue. We have lots of other projects being changed every day without the issue.

    I have contacted the project manager to see if we can get the project deleted and re-published.


    Regards, Stig
    Thursday, April 28, 2011 4:21 PM
  • The problem was finally resolved. Seemed to have been an issue with replacing local resources with enterprise resources in the import project wizard. Impossible to find out whether this was the fault of the user or an issue with the wizard. Case closed.
    Regards, Stig
    • Marked as answer by Stig Monday, May 2, 2011 1:16 PM
    Monday, May 2, 2011 1:15 PM