Error code 0xc000007b

• I have been experiencing an error when i open Microsoft Visual C++ Express 2010. The operating system is Windows 7 64 bit. Error code is 0xc000007b.

Please help.

• Moved by Mike Feng Monday, May 21, 2012 9:24 AM C++ (From:.NET Platform Architecture Development Discussions)
    Friday, May 18, 2012 9:21 AM

All replies

First of all, you should make sure that your installer file is completed.

We would suggest you to download it from our website

Then you can reinstall the Visual Studio, also update your Visual Studio and System before run it.

Best regards,

Jesse Jiang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Monday, May 21, 2012 9:28 AM
  • I get the same code except it's my "print spooler". When my machine starts, I receive the app error code. Then, I cannot print so I try to "add printer" and I get the error that my "Print Spooler Did Not Open" and to either start the print spooler or re-start the machine. I restarted it yesterday and it worked, but this morning, I'm getting the application error "SetDefault.EXE with the error #0xc000007b
    • Edited by nomad1229 Tuesday, November 20, 2012 1:39 PM
    Tuesday, November 20, 2012 1:38 PM
  • Hello Nomad1229,

Do you have Visual C++ Express installed on your system? If so, can you use your print spooler if you uninstall VC++ Express?

If you are not using VC++ Express (this forum's topic), please ask your print spooler question in an appropriate Windows forum, here (select your Windows version from the dropdown):

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 3:41 PM