none
Error while creating task: The server was unable to save the form at this time. Please try again. (SharePoint 2013)

    Question

  • I get the following error while saving a task inside task list:

    "The server was unable to save the form at this time. Please try again."

    I tried restarting "search service host controller".

    The server has 8 GB RAM and according to task manager, 6.67 GB is being used.

    I logged into the site with user which is the owner of the site. I tried creating tasks from client as well as the SharePoint server itself. Same error is shown in both the cases.

    How do I find information on the exact problem that is causing the error? What are possible solutions?


    Friday, May 31, 2013 3:19 AM

Answers

  • Hi robikshrestha,

    This error message often shows when there is low memory that can be used, the workaround restart the “SharePoint Search Hosting Controller” service is to release some memory, and make it work. Whether restart the service release memory in your situation?

    Would you please check whether this issue happens all the time in task list, or happens sometimes when the memory is lower to use. If it doesn’t have a large impact, you can restart the server, check the result. have a look at the event log and ULS log, see whether there is related information.

    If it happens all the time, would you please use other browsers, whether the results are same? This may be caused by some add-ons in IE, like Free Download Manager I have seen.

    Thanks,


    Qiao Wei
    TechNet Community Support


    Thursday, June 06, 2013 7:22 AM
    Moderator

All replies

  • Hi robikshrestha,

    This error message often shows when there is low memory that can be used, the workaround restart the “SharePoint Search Hosting Controller” service is to release some memory, and make it work. Whether restart the service release memory in your situation?

    Would you please check whether this issue happens all the time in task list, or happens sometimes when the memory is lower to use. If it doesn’t have a large impact, you can restart the server, check the result. have a look at the event log and ULS log, see whether there is related information.

    If it happens all the time, would you please use other browsers, whether the results are same? This may be caused by some add-ons in IE, like Free Download Manager I have seen.

    Thanks,


    Qiao Wei
    TechNet Community Support


    Thursday, June 06, 2013 7:22 AM
    Moderator
  • I extended web app and then deleted the extended site after. later on I find out that this issue is occurring.

     Rebooting resolved this issue for me

    Tuesday, March 25, 2014 6:10 PM
  • I can confirm that that extending the web application also resolved this issue for me and that, after removing the extension, the issue did not re-appear but remained resolved.  I also found that a similar issue occurred when modifying document properties: the same issue was presented after modifying a document property and then clicking OK.

    Curiously, this issue occurred simultaneously with another seemingly unrelated issue: when entering a username into PeoplePicker, I saw this message appear in the PeoplePicker form:

    Sorry, we’re having trouble reaching the server.

    All of these issues (List item, Document, PeoplePicker) were resolved by extending the web application.

    Friday, October 09, 2015 5:19 PM