MAS-CON01 RRS feed

• Question

• Folks,

Can we tweak the VM settings for some of the MAS VMs? I ask because the performance experience using the MAS-CON01 VM is less than desirable i.e. it is slow. Is it memory? It was 2 GB of vRAM assigned but the memory pressure is 1310 MB (should specify this is the Azure Stack TP2 refresh build).

Looking at all the infratsructure VMs, you are using <64 GB of vRAM

I am using a DL380 G9 with 2 CPUs (a total of 24 cores) with 128 GB of RAM. Surely I can increase vRAM or vCPU to gain a better useable experience? If not that, what should I be tweaking?

Lisa.

Saturday, November 19, 2016 6:46 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Yes, I did myself as well. Added total 4 vcpu and 8 gb ram on the MAS-CON01 to be able to properly install and use visual studio :-).

128GB RAM should be enough also in order to install additional PaaS resource providers. When using 96 GB it might be not enough to accomplish all additional PaaS services on a box.

Mark

Best regards, Mark Scholman. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Saturday, November 19, 2016 11:42 PM

All replies