Application-wide Standard page in Silverlight RRS feed

• Question

• I am creating a silverlight application that uses the MVVM pattern. We have a style guide that indicates that each page should have a Title and a description at the top (and the format for these should be consistent for all pages.

I would like to create a class (say StandardPage) that derives from Page, that implements these in their standard way. I would also imagine an abstract ViewModel class (say StandardPageViewModel) that has these properties. The goal would be that when we create a new page we derive from the StandardPage and then set the content of that page to be the specific page, and implement the proper Title and Description on that specific ViewModel.

This seems like it should be simple to do, but I am quickly finding myself looking into Styling a ContentTemplate and Registering Dependency properties, etc. Is there a simple guid to help me do what I am trying to?

Thanks

Tuesday, September 21, 2010 10:56 AM

Answers

• Hi. A similar question has been asked recently, and the solution we'd worked out was to create a custom content control. See this topic for the details.

Tuesday, September 21, 2010 12:30 PM