none
Net Framework 1.0 Error 1904 during setup mscoree.dll H-result 2146232576 RRS feed

• Question

• I cleaned off all my .Net framework files with the .Net framework cleaner. I then started at 3.5, installed it, went well, installed 3.0, went well, installed 2.0, went well, installed 1.1, went well, then, tried to install 1.0 redistribution package for my windows xp home and it stopped at almost the very end saying ERROR installing 1.0 ERROR 1904 system32\mscoree.dll failed to register. H-result 2146232576. I tried renaming it and installing the 1.0 again but still get the same error. i tried using the IGNORE option, it said it installed but i know the mscoree.dll isn't working. i used the installer cleanup tool also to no avail. i deleted the URTTemp folder and tried a reinstall. This didn't work either. Anyone know what I might can do to get this corrected? I have not done anything myself in the registry. I have used RegCure and registry mechanic but Net Framework 1.0 still gave the error when I tried to install. Any help appreciated. I did read something about 1.1, 2.0,3.0 or 3.5 might have a newer mscoree.dll file and that night be why I can't register the one I have. I need the 1.0 version 3705 though as one of my programs uses it. Also, i am now not able to put any of the updates on my computer. it downloads them but they fail to install. Example, net framework 2.o service pack 2, net framework 3.5 service pack 1, and net framework 3.5 family update. Thanks....
    Tuesday, March 16, 2010 7:55 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Could you please delete this following key, download .net framework 1.0 from here and reinstall to see if this issue still exists:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETFramework\policy\v2.0

Here is the blog I get the information and you may take a look.
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Send us any feedback you have about the help from MSFT at fbmsdn@microsoft.com.
    Thursday, March 18, 2010 9:37 AM