Is it possible to run Metro application on multiple monitors

Question

• I am using a dual screen setup on a laptop with an extra screen.

I was trying out the metro remote desktop and I wanted to open our bug tracking application in the metro internet explorer. I wanted to use my second screen to display the internet explorer, but I can't figure out how to do it.

Is it possible to run metro applications on both monitors?

Kind regards

Hans

Thursday, December 15, 2011 1:21 PM

Answers

•  I wanted to use my second screen to display the internet explorer

Only one screen can hold metro apps at a time.  You switch the one which holds them by using the  Move the Start Screen here  button in the other's Taskbar.   The number of metro apps you can see at a time depends on the screen's proportions.   E.g. my Tablet is squareish (1.6 ratio) so I can't use the pinned metro app feature on it but I can use that on my main monitor (1.77).

My guess is that you are using the IE icon in the Taskbar "to display the internet explorer"?   I think that unexpectedly launches the IE Metro... (maybe not or I have changed mine...   Something normal unexpectedly launches IE in metro mode... Oh, yeah.  Any ordinary URL or Internet Shortcut.)  If you have a keyboard with a Home button on it, try using that.   Otherwise you can always use  Run...  (e.g. press Win-R and enter:)   iexplore.exe

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Thursday, December 15, 2011 6:53 PM

All replies