how to use Crystal Report ActiveX Viewer with dynamic database in vb.net RRS feed

• Question

• when i use crystal report viewer ,i got problem with unicode.
    so i need use it with Crystal Report ActiveX Viewer.
    it's work fine but it's not dynamic.
    i want to know how to change connection string at runtime for Crystal Report ActiveX Viewer.
    thz for ur help.
    Saturday, February 20, 2010 1:54 PM

Answers

• Finnaly i fix it :D
    i just change connectionstring for database table of craxddrt report :D
    • Marked as answer by Harry Zhu Thursday, February 25, 2010 3:01 AM
    Tuesday, February 23, 2010 5:12 AM

All replies

i want to know how to change connection string at runtime for Crystal Report ActiveX Viewer.
    thz for ur help.
    • Merged by Martin_XieModerator Monday, February 22, 2010 6:24 AM Merge them to keep in one same topic.
    • Proposed as answer by Kompheak Tuesday, May 25, 2010 7:18 AM
    Friday, February 19, 2010 3:41 PM
  • If you dont get an answer to your question in this forum, you may try crystal report forum http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vscrystalreports/threads

kaymaf

If that what you want, take it. If not, ignored it and no complain

CODE CONVERTER SITE

http://www.carlosag.net/Tools/CodeTranslator/.

http://www.developerfusion.com/tools/convert/csharp-to-vb/.

Friday, February 19, 2010 5:50 PM
  • Thz I will try

Saturday, February 20, 2010 1:52 PM
    thz for ur help.

What I've done in the past is to setup another assembly (project) that contains all of my Crystal stuff (Windows Forms, .rpt objects, and of course setup a new DataSet with the designer) and then referenced this assembly from my application.  However the DataSet I built is merely a "ghost", a way to get the initial report setup --- at runtime, the app replaces this ds with new datasources (ds's coming from my business entities, as well as parameter fields that are set from my business entities as well).

First get your Datasources setup so that they are returning just the information you want for the report.  Then at runtime, just reset the rpt's datasource to this.

I won't have any examples until Monday, so you'll have to search around the forums for specific code.

jfc
    Saturday, February 20, 2010 2:51 PM
    thz for ur help.

What I've done in the past is to setup another assembly (project) that contains all of my Crystal stuff (Windows Forms, .rpt objects, and of course setup a new DataSet with the designer) and then referenced this assembly from my application.  However the DataSet I built is merely a "ghost", a way to get the initial report setup --- at runtime, the app replaces this ds with new datasources (ds's coming from my business entities, as well as parameter fields that are set from my business entities as well).

First get your Datasources setup so that they are returning just the information you want for the report.  Then at runtime, just reset the rpt's datasource to this.

I won't have any examples until Monday, so you'll have to search around the forums for specific code.

jfc
    yeah
    i know too
    u know i go to alot of forum but the code is use with vb6,vba
    and i want to get some code with vb.net
    hope u can help :D

Saturday, February 20, 2010 2:56 PM
  • yeah
    i know too
    u know i go to alot of forum but the code is use with vb6,vba
    and i want to get some code with vb.net
    hope u can help :D

Then why don't we start with the datasource ---- what is the database you are storing the information in?

If it's a SQLServer db, then you'll need to setup an SQLDataAdapter.
    jfc
    Saturday, February 20, 2010 3:15 PM
  • Finnaly i fix it :D
    i just change connectionstring for database table of craxddrt report :D
    • Marked as answer by Harry Zhu Thursday, February 25, 2010 3:01 AM
    Tuesday, February 23, 2010 5:12 AM