none
Need to move blob to another account

Question

• Hi,

I need to move a Azure blob to a new account. The account it was associated with, cannot be found or accessed when we try to login. We would like to move the blob to the administrator office 365 account it should be under.

How can we get this blob moved from that non-accessible account to another?

I know the name of the blob and was able to verify it is still active.

Thanks,

Mike 

Tuesday, February 21, 2017 9:06 PM

All replies

• From your description, it looks like your current subscription is disabled/inactive, confirm on this.  When you say, “The account it was associated with, cannot be found or accessed when we try to login.”, what exactly happens? Do you get any error?

Refer the below documentations: 
    I can't sign in to manage my Azure subscription -Check the suggestions for fixing access to login issues to Azure subscription.   
    Why is my Azure subscription disabled and how do I reactivate it? – If your current account is disabled, reactive it by following the steps mentioned. 

If the subscription is cancelled, it will be in read only state.
     The only way is by reinstating the subscription and then copy data to another subscription.

You can copy data form one storage account to another storage account (same or different subscription) by using AzCopy, Azure PowerShell and Microsoft Azure Storage Explorer etc.…. But you must need storage account key to copy data from one storage account to another storage account.

Reference: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/storage-moving-data

Wednesday, February 22, 2017 3:07 PM
  • "From your description, it looks like your current subscription is disabled/inactive, confirm on this.  When you say, “The account it was associated with, cannot be found or accessed when we try to login.”, what exactly happens? Do you get any error?"

That is kind of the weird part. It cannot be found. Every account we log into does not have the storage located on it. We are still paying for the azure storage, but when the system changed to the new UI, it could not be found. 

"You can copy data form one storage account to another storage account (same or different subscription) by using AzCopy, Azure PowerShell and Microsoft Azure Storage Explorer etc.…. But you must need storage account key to copy data from one storage account to another storage account."

This would work only if we could transfer and remove the existing storage. Either way, if we recreate the blob or transfer it, the old one needs to be deleted, but it simply isn't on any of our accounts. This was initially setup almost 2 years ago. 

Wednesday, February 22, 2017 3:12 PM
  • Have you created storage account in Classic portal (https://manage.windowsazure.com ) or ARM portal (https://portal.azure.com )?

When you say, “I know the name of the blob and was able to verify it is still active.” How exactly are you accessing the Azure storage blob? could you please share us the screenshot (conceal any sensitive information )?
    Thursday, February 23, 2017 3:23 PM
  • I am unable to upload a photo since i am not verified. 

the photo will show that the backup is still being performed and the name of the blob. The program lets me know if this fails in it's logs. 

I either need the blob moved to my account, or copied to the account and the old one deleted. I was unable to find any documentation on how to get this resolved and not really sure of next steps. 

I have a feeling that when azure changed, we were unable to access the blob on the account for some reason. 

We are also still getting changed for the blob usage and the other azure usage, but it does not have identifiable information to tell us which account it is on or why it isn't on the accounts we expect it to be on.

Thursday, February 23, 2017 8:17 PM
  • I recommend you create a technical support ticket to find the root cause of the issue. The ticket enables you to work closely with the support engineers and get a quick resolution for your issue.

Check the FAQ ‘
    How do I contact Azure Support?’.

Sunday, February 26, 2017 2:26 PM
  • That is part of the problem, in order to get basic support through a ticket, i need to purchase a support plan. Is there a way to get this sorted out without needing to pay for a support plan?
    Friday, March 3, 2017 8:28 PM