Not able to Connect to Bluetooth device

Question

• Hi,

I recently installed Windows 8 developer preview 64-bit (with tools, 4.8GB iso file downloaded from Microsoft) in my DELL laptop. (Note: My laptop was previously running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit verion). So now in Windows 8 pre-beta, I can connect to the internet using wi-fi. But i am not able to connect my mobile(Nokia Symbian^3 OS) with laptop using Bluetooth. While adding device, its showing my mobile in the list and also keep on searching for new device. Its not allowing me to select my phone and go to the next process. So how to fix this issue? Even I updated the OS from windows update this morning, still the issue exist. Can any one help me for this problem? Thanks in advance.

--

Regards,

Jamal.

JAMAL
    • Edited by MYJAMAL Wednesday, October 5, 2011 8:05 AM Title changed
    Wednesday, October 5, 2011 8:04 AM

Answers

• Hi Jamal,

I was able to reproduce your issue with the Windows 8 developer preview release. I believe the issue has been addressed internally. Unfortunately, I don't have a workaround for you for this issue.

Thanks,

Eric

• Marked as answer by MYJAMAL Sunday, October 9, 2011 5:50 PM
    Friday, October 7, 2011 7:49 PM
  • If issue been address , then you should have to wait for a while and after some testing and finilize workground you would get solution may be from Windows Update , Action Center or as document in a website.
    Saturday, October 8, 2011 9:43 AM

All replies

• Did you tried install Nokia software in Windows 8?

Try run hardware troubleshooter from Action Center in control panel too.

Wednesday, October 5, 2011 12:20 PM
  • Hi,

I not yet tried by using nokia software. But by default if we connect the mobile using Bluetooth, Windows will detect and can allow us to do file transfer right. If I open "Add a Bluetooth device" wizard it showing my mobile and I select it and click next. Then without asking anything its just saying passcode incorrect and closed. So what I can do in this case? Please help me out to fix this problem. Thanks.

Note: See the attached image screen shot for reference.

--

Regards,

Jamal.

JAMAL
    • Edited by MYJAMAL Wednesday, October 5, 2011 6:30 PM Added screen shot
    Wednesday, October 5, 2011 6:26 PM
  • MYJAMAL,

Have you tried running your computer as discoverable and having your phone pick it up?  Right click on Bluetooth icon in your Notification area and click on Settings.  Put a checkmark on Allow Bluetooth devices to find this computer.  Then have your phone look for bluetooth device (your computer).  Make sure you turn off that settings after you are done.

Wednesday, October 5, 2011 8:15 PM
    Answerer
  • Eric,

Yes I enabled Allow Bluetooth devices to find this computer. My phone detect my laptop and even my laptop also detect my phone. But while paring the devices, my laptop not showing any passcode. It automatically says "The passcode isn't right". Please check the screenshot in previous reply. So how to fix this? Any update Microsoft released for this? Or it is the problem only for me? Thanks.

Regards,

jamal.

JAMAL
    Friday, October 7, 2011 5:12 AM
  • Jamal,

When you trying to pair your phone, Did Windows prompt you to enter a password for your device or did it display few numbers before you get the error message like the one on your screenshots?

After researching about pairing bluetooth devices on Windows Developer Preview, Windows Developer Preview either display password or want the user create a password, Click Next button and then within 10-15 sec, you enter same password on your Bluetooth device before it would time out.

Friday, October 7, 2011 1:31 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi Jamal,

I was able to reproduce your issue with the Windows 8 developer preview release. I believe the issue has been addressed internally. Unfortunately, I don't have a workaround for you for this issue.

Thanks,

Eric

Friday, October 7, 2011 7:49 PM
  • If issue been address , then you should have to wait for a while and after some testing and finilize workground you would get solution may be from Windows Update , Action Center or as document in a website.
    Saturday, October 8, 2011 9:43 AM
  • Eric,

It doesn't show any password or passcode to me. After clicking "Next" it directly showed that screen which I attached in my previous post. Also It won't ask me to enter any passcode. That's why I totally confused.

JAMAL
    Sunday, October 9, 2011 5:43 PM
  • Hi Eric,

Thank you very much for the time taken to reproduce my issue. Is this issue has informed to Microsoft Development to fix in the next release or windows update team? So that It will be helpful for the people who are using this Windows 8 Developer preview. Thanks.

-Jamal.

JAMAL
    Sunday, October 9, 2011 5:46 PM
  • Hi Cyber Defend Team,

How will I get notify which this issue has been fixed? Will they post the solution in this forum thread?

-Regards,

Jamal.

JAMAL
    Sunday, October 9, 2011 5:49 PM
  • Eric, if you miss your opportunity to type in the passcode or jot it down for later reference is there a way to reset the passcode so that you go through the pairing again?

I'm having difficulty pairing the Samsung tablet  with its BT keyboard because the pairing was a bit unresponsive. Typing in the first code it asked did not work, but then it gave me a second code to try. Before I could type that in it seem to pair or timeout. Now when trying to pair the keyboard it is asking for a passcode, but I don't know it anymore. Also, the keyboard doesn't show up as a connected device so I cannot remove it.

How do I reset the bluetooth pairing so I can go through the passcode specification process again?  Thanks.

Sunday, December 11, 2011 4:20 AM
  • Hi _m_l'u'l_m_,

You don't have to remember passcode for your bluetooth keyboard.  When it is asking for a passcode, It wants you to create a new passcode to pair it.  you can type "1234" as example and then click Next button.  Within 10-15 sec, you enter same password and press Enter key on your Bluetooth keyboard before it would time out pairing connection.

Monday, December 12, 2011 4:24 PM
    Answerer