ActivateAudioInterface results an unresolved external symbol?

Question

• I've created a WinRT component and am using that function in the code. When compiling, the linker complains about a unresolved symbol. Checking the project properties, it tells me the whole SDK is referenced. Why is this happening? That function is supposed to be valid for Metro apps, as referenced several times on this forum. Shouldn't it resolve if the whole SDK is referenced?

Thanks.

Saturday, May 05, 2012 12:23 PM

Answers

• Digging around some more, I finally found where the WinRT header and library files were. It turns out I had to change the build configuration and manually add mmdevapi.lib to it. Shouldn't this happen automatically, i.e. via %(AdditionalDependencies)?
    • Edited by Tom Servo Sunday, May 06, 2012 11:47 AM
    • Marked as answer by Tom Servo Sunday, May 06, 2012 2:18 PM
    Sunday, May 06, 2012 11:47 AM

All replies

• Digging around some more, I finally found where the WinRT header and library files were. It turns out I had to change the build configuration and manually add mmdevapi.lib to it. Shouldn't this happen automatically, i.e. via %(AdditionalDependencies)?
    • Edited by Tom Servo Sunday, May 06, 2012 11:47 AM
    • Marked as answer by Tom Servo Sunday, May 06, 2012 2:18 PM
    Sunday, May 06, 2012 11:47 AM
  •  

Hi,

I think the dependencies' path is add to your project, but the library name does not. You should add it.

Best regards,

Jesse

Jesse Jiang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Monday, May 07, 2012 11:26 AM