none
Machine.Config error while registering Adapter with WCF :: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. RRS feed

• Question

• System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at Microsoft.ServiceModel.Channels.Tools.MetadataSearchBrowse.MetadataPanel.EnumerateAllAvailableBindings(String bindingExtensionName, String bindingConfiguration)
       at Microsoft.ServiceModel.Channels.Tools.MetadataSearchBrowse.MetadataPanel..ctor(MetadataUserControl usercontrol, AdapterProperties properties, String bindingExtensionName, String bindingConfiguration, String uri)

Step: When I modified machine.config adding the below code under BindingElementExtension and BindingExtension section I get the above error.

<add name="echoAdapterV2" type="TCG.Adapters.Samples.EchoV2.EchoAdapterBindingElementExtensionElement,TCG.Adapters.Samples.EchoV2.EchoAdapter, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=879be4294ad8dcd2" />

<add name="echoAdapterBindingV2" type="TCG.Adapters.Samples.EchoV2.EchoAdapterBindingCollectionElement,TCG.Adapters.Samples.EchoV2.EchoAdapter, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=879be4294ad8dcd2" />

Friday, October 9, 2015 2:06 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi ,

Have you refer the MSDN link https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb798087.aspx 

to register the Echo Adapter . There maybe some assembly name mismatch or tag not well formed .

Thanks

Abhishek

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Wednesday, October 21, 2015 6:02 AM
    Friday, October 9, 2015 2:58 PM
  • Hi,

Please try to install WCF LOB ASDK SP1, it should resolve your issue.

I would suggest please refer below related thread for more help,

Configuration System failed To Initialize

Thanks, If my reply is helpful please mark as answer or vote as helpful.

Friday, October 9, 2015 7:24 PM
  • Hi - some things to try:

1) Check that you have updated both the 32-bit and 64-bit machine.config.

2) Check that you have installed the echoAdapterV2 in the host servers GAC.

3) Check that the assembly details are correct e.g. that the assembly version number is 1.0.0.0.

4) Once setup, close down the BizTalk admin console and reopen.

5) A long shot but you have a space at the very end of the closing tag before the /> - try deleting this.

Monday, October 12, 2015 7:50 AM