MSQL Analysis Service in Lightswitch RRS feed

• Question

• Guys!

I have a question. We have couple reports built in SharePoint using MSQL Analysis Service. Are there any way how I can connect to Analysis Service?  

You know when you select a DataBase as a datasource for Lightswitch, it shows you a windows where you can select 

a type of source:

May be its possible to add other types like in Report Builder?

Thanks!

Friday, October 11, 2013 12:08 PM

Answers

• Hi,

According to your description, I'd like to suggest you to refer to the link below:

Connect to Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg413483.aspx

"This page of the Table Import Wizard enables you to specify settings to import data from a Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services cube or a PowerPivot workbook that is hosted on SharePoint. To access the wizard from the PowerPivot window, on the Home tab, in the Get External Data group, click the type of data source from which you want to import tables. For more information, see Import Data from Analysis Services or PowerPivot."

Hope it helps.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 8:35 AM