none
ISSUE IN TRANSFERRING DATABASE RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All

I need your help asap please

i develop and ERP software for my customer. I installed SQL server and vb.net on my laptop and worked on it. now my customer bought his server and he told me that he want to install sql on it. now how i can transfer my sql server to his server. i tried it by copy paste my laptop's database in his server and attach it in Server and modify the connection in vb.net but my application is not working at all but if i connect it with my laptop, my application work fine. please help me i have to handover the application with sql tomorrow to my customer. 

Wednesday, February 20, 2019 5:11 AM

Answers

• Thank you for your reply Ma'am

I fix the issue 

regarding other forum that is another topic i am going to close this topic now 

that i will close tomorrow 

• Marked as answer by Omi4u Wednesday, February 20, 2019 12:55 PM
    Wednesday, February 20, 2019 12:55 PM

All replies

• When you say "is not working at all", please elaborate e.g. is an exception being thrown and if so what is the exception.

The top reasons without knowing the exception message are.

• The database you created is a different version of SQL-Server then the client. If this is the case you would need to generated data scripts best done in SSMS (SQL-Server Management Studio). Once scripts are generated with data run the scripts on the client machine either by using SSMS on their machine or writing code to run the scripts.
    • Permissions need to be set for the database, best done in SSMS or by a DBA.
    • The connection string is incorrect for the client machine.

On a side note, you started a thread yesterday and really should only have one thread going at one time. If you don't close the other thread I will merge this thread with the other thread as they are on the same topic and you really don't want me to merge the two threads together.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

Wednesday, February 20, 2019 10:42 AM

I fix the issue 

• Marked as answer by Omi4u Wednesday, February 20, 2019 12:55 PM
    Wednesday, February 20, 2019 12:55 PM

I fix the issue 

You should indicate what resolved this as others with the same issue would like to know.

Back to the other post, seems the other one comes before this post.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

Wednesday, February 20, 2019 12:57 PM