SSRS 2008 Creation of datasets/ data sources /parameters using xml file RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I opened the .rdl file using notepad and an XML formatted data appeared like my created data sources,data sets etc.

However what i noticed is when i copy pasted the dataset creation XML format and tried creating several datasets using the XML file the same datasets were created in the .rdl file which was really great.

But,I wanted to know whether we can edit the .rdl file in such modifications in XML file ?

Is it a precise manner or it has any impact on my .rdl file while deploying my report onto the web server.

Please help!

Thanks for your support and understanding!

Thursday, February 7, 2019 5:01 AM

Answers

• Hi Mohammad Afshaan Shaikh

According to your description , it is possible to edit the rdl file In editor like notepad.

If you use the complex chart or other report item in rdl file .

There would be a lot of node in the xml file. You should know the detailed node structure in the rdl file .

If you do the correct modification in the rdl file , there would not  be any impact when deploy it in web server.

If it possible, it is better to do the rdl file modification in the report builder tools

Hope it can help you.

Best Regards,

Eric Liu

Best Regards, Eric Liu MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer if the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Friday, February 8, 2019 1:39 AM