Why is Microsoft coming out with a new operating system?

General discussion

• why is Microsoft coming out with a new operating system where this country or world for that fact is still getting used to windows 7 doesn't make since to me,  because its bad enough that PC cost more to manage than lets say Apple couldn't Microsoft invest the money into making a more secure PC than come out with a new OS. especially an OS that's going to eventually crash, corrupt your system, and eventually need for you to reinstall it again,  
    Friday, November 11, 2011 3:31 AM

All replies

• Windows is secure and reliable operating system, many people all over the world are using it and enjoy it. About managing it, for personal user , it is easy to use and there was several positive feedback from users about Windows 7. If you are refering to enterprise management, there are companies that using Windows 7 and Windows Server to manage thousands of PCs in multiple locations . New Windows is opportunity that new hardware integrate with software and let say for multi-touch PC , people will use it with all functions and for PCs with keyboard and mouse, they still be able to enjoy Windows.

If you are having problem with crash , error or other issues related to Windows, you could post it in Microsoft forum and there are several peoples that could help you with that.

Friday, November 11, 2011 5:40 AM
  • Windows is secure and reliable operating system, many people all over the world are using it and enjoy it. About managing it, for personal user , it is easy to use and there was several positive feedback from users about Windows 7. If you are refering to enterprise management, there are companies that using Windows 7 and Windows Server to manage thousands of PCs in multiple locations . New Windows is opportunity that new hardware integrate with software and let say for multi-touch PC , people will use it with all functions and for PCs with keyboard and mouse, they still be able to enjoy Windows.

If you are having problem with crash , error or other issues related to Windows, you could post it in Microsoft forum and there are several peoples that could help you with that.

completely agree, but i would add, that getting on with a preview when you are still getting along with a 2 years old 'new' system, and coming to the support forums just to think out loud, makes you look like the least of the persons indicated for testing win8DP, no offense.

it s just that person who are :

1-resisting to change (especially a 2 years resisitance in OS Acceptance) is kind of scary to me.

2-thinking that somewhere a more Business Oriented solution exists (as a matter of management comparaison Apple/ms) that is far better and cheaper and more secured, and a lot easier to administer.... but that all other IT pros and software editors are just unaware of.  is funny :)

in a public forum, in france at least, that's called "trolling a tread" and my response is no less of a troll to be honest :)

hope you find your way back to XP safe...

best regards,

PierrE.

Http://www.redkaffe.com - Consultant/Formateur en region PACA
    Friday, November 11, 2011 8:15 AM
  • why is Microsoft coming out with a new operating system where this country or world for that fact is still getting used to windows 7 doesn't make since to me...
    In the consumer and enterprise markets there is a growing emphasis on portable low power light weight devices. It seems the world is moving in that direction with or without Microsoft. Windows 8 provides an operating system solution for devices that fit the form factor and modes of interaction associated with tablets. Windows 7 is nice, but it is still heavily keyboard driven. I've got Windows 7 and Windows 8 running on some of my tablets and there's a world of difference in the experience the two operating systems offer on such devices. 
    Joel Ivory Johnson | http://www.j2i.net | Windows Phone Developer MVP
    It takes all the running you can do to stay in one place.If you want to get somewhere else,you must try to run at least twice as fast as that.
    Friday, November 11, 2011 7:09 PM
  • The developer preview is for developers to testing compatibility with software and drivers. It is not for end users to get used to the new OS as many consumer features are not yet implemented, some feature's final designs are still up in the air.

Third-party software and drivers do need time to address compatibility issues. Every app/hardware driver is incompatible with the new OS unless proven otherwise. In fact, driver developers often spend the time to write the code to refuse to install on unrecognized OS because if a driver fails, you get a blue screen of death. A huge amount of effort is required from the developers so when Windows 8 ships, you get a usable machine with compatible hardware/apps.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Saturday, November 12, 2011 4:47 AM