How to search in workflow designer RRS feed

• Question

• I can't figure out how to do searches in the workflow designer in Visual Studio 2010. Edit->Find doesn't seem to apply. Is there a way to search through a workflow while in the designer?

Thanks

Tuesday, October 19, 2010 9:04 PM

Answers

• Hi Lindsey,

I have to say sorry that in Visual Studio 2010, workflow designer does not support search. However, we are planning to add this useful feature in next release. Could you provide some of your detailed requirements on this if you like to? We are glad to hear customers feedback to improve our products. 

Thanks,

Yuanji Wang

This posting is provided "AS IS" and confers no rights or warranties.
    Wednesday, October 20, 2010 5:47 AM

All replies

• Hi Lindsey,

I have to say sorry that in Visual Studio 2010, workflow designer does not support search. However, we are planning to add this useful feature in next release. Could you provide some of your detailed requirements on this if you like to? We are glad to hear customers feedback to improve our products. 

Thanks,

Yuanji Wang

This posting is provided "AS IS" and confers no rights or warranties.
    Wednesday, October 20, 2010 5:47 AM
  • I too was surprised this feature was not in there.

In my case, I'm editing a rather gnarly Team Foundation Build process template (DefaultTemplate.xaml). It's 460+ lines long with many nested activities. I want to quickly find the "Compile and Test" activity without a lot of expanding and scrolling.

Thanks.

Thursday, November 18, 2010 8:12 PM