How do I refresh an atom feed (1) and compare two of its fields (2) the result of which determines a controls visability (3)? RRS feed

• Question

• I defined new live data source by using the data panel and supplied the uri. I draged the appropriate field (content)into the window area and created a listbox with each row populated with a string of data such as lastdata:13:00, screeningtime:13:10 and so on. I also defined two other data sources, one for each of 2 strings I want to compare, which I also display in two textblocks. Now I'm stuck. What I want to do is display the listbox when the two strings are the same and make it disappear when they are different. The two things that I need o know how to do are (1) do the comparison since I don't know how to access the values (I only know how to display them) and I don't know how to keep the rss data current, I think I can do the timer part, but I don't know what to have the timer do to re-load data. I could really use some help,
    Tuesday, August 11, 2009 6:50 PM

All replies

• hmendell,
    let me make sure that I understand what you're trying to do. This is what I believe you're saying:

1. you have 3 datasources, 1 for each textblock and one for the listbox.
    2. when the contents in the textblocks match, you want to show the listbox
    3. when the contents in the textblocks do not match, you want to hide the listbox

is that correct? if so, how is the data related? can you provide a bit more context so I can help.

Thanks
    Alex

Wednesday, August 12, 2009 8:50 PM