MeshFromObj sample - where do I find it?!? RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

I am trying to write some code that will load stuff into a mesh from a .XAML or .obj or some other file format that SolidWorks exports to.  I saw lots of links that refer to a MeshFromObj sample on msdn and other places, but I cannot find the actual project files.  From what I have read, they are supposed to be included in the DX9.0 SDK, but I just downloaded it about 2 months ago, but they are not there.  Does any one know where I can find them?  Thanks in advance!

Tuesday, February 12, 2008 7:20 PM

All replies

• Typing MeshFromObj Sample into Goole yields as the first result:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb147191(VS.85).aspx

Are you sure you did a full install of the Direct3D SDK?  Have you tried any other versions of the SDK?

Tuesday, February 12, 2008 7:22 PM
  • I have already found that and other code snippets.  What I need is the entire sample project.  I downloaded DirectX 9.0 SDK version 9.00.0900.  It looks like, from what i have seen on some sites about this, that this sample should now be on my hard drive along with all of the other samples (which I do have).  But MeshFromObj is not there.  What I need is the project files.  Do you know where I can find them?  Thanks.

Tuesday, February 12, 2008 7:58 PM