"Bad request" MySQLRP deploy error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I have a problem with MySQL Deploy to Azure Stack.

All steps was made by guide https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/azure-stack-mysqlrp-deploy/

PS D:\MySQL> D:\MySQL\Prerequisites\BlobStorage\Upload-Microsoft.MySql-RP.ps1
    cmdlet Upload-Microsoft.MySql-RP.ps1 at command pipeline position 1
    Supply values for the following parameters:
    (Type !? for Help.)
    AadTenantId: sharophlive.onmicrosoft.com
    VERBOSE: Uploading files from 'D:\MySQL\Prerequisites\BlobStorage\Container' to 'https://deploymentstore.blob.azurestack.local/microsoft-mysql'.
    New-AzureRmResourceGroup : Bad Request
    At D:\MySQL\Prerequisites\BlobStorage\Upload-Microsoft.MySql-RP.ps1:54 char:22
    + ... urceGroup = New-AzureRmResourceGroup -Name $resourceGroupName -Locati ...
    +                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : CloseError: (:) [New-AzureRmResourceGroup], CloudException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.Azure.Commands.Resources.NewAzureResourceGroupCommand

Tuesday, April 19, 2016 8:53 PM

All replies

• Hi,

This looks more like an error when creating a Resource Group.
    Would you be able to confirm if you are able to create resource groups in the portal?
    Perhaps the resource group name you are trying to use is already taken.

Regards,
    Malar.

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 9:12 AM
  • Thanks for reply.

I just checked, I can create resource groups.

When resource group "DeploymentLibrary" created manualy, script Upload-Microsoft.MySql-RP.ps1 uploads files succesfully, but still showing "Bad request" error.

Now I get new error by executing Publish-GalleryPackages.ps1 script.

Add-AzureRMGalleryItem : The Azure profile is invalid, Make sure that you are in the Azure context with the Login-AzureRMAccount cmdlets. At D:\MySQL\Prerequisites\Marketplace\Publish-GalleryPackages.ps1:60 char:21 + ... $response = Add-AzureRMGalleryItem -Path $azpkgFile.FullName -Subscri ... + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [Add-AzureRMGalleryItem], ApplicationException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.ApplicationException,Microsoft.AzureStack.Commands.AddGalleryItem Add-AzureRMGalleryItem : The Azure profile is invalid, Make sure that you are in the Azure context with the Login-AzureRMAccount cmdlets. At D:\MySQL\Prerequisites\Marketplace\Publish-GalleryPackages.ps1:60 char:21 + ... $response = Add-AzureRMGalleryItem -Path $azpkgFile.FullName -Subscri ... + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [Add-AzureRMGalleryItem], ApplicationException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.ApplicationException,Microsoft.AzureStack.Commands.AddGalleryItem

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 12:41 PM
  • Hello,

We are checking on the same and would get back to you soon on this.

Regards,
    Neelesh

Friday, April 22, 2016 3:11 AM
  • Hello, I am experiencing the same issue as stated above. Any solution for this?
    Sunday, April 24, 2016 2:25 AM
  • Hello,

Apologies for the delay.

What was the output when the following command was run:

$azAccount = Add-AzureRmAccount -Environment $azEnvironment 

Also, please run Login-AzureRmAccount and try again.  Pass in “-debug” flag to capture debug output.

Regards,
    Neelesh

Friday, April 29, 2016 3:16 AM
  • This is caused by using the wrong Azure powershell module.
    On the D:\ drive of the ClientVM you'll find a dependencies folder with the right module version.
    Wednesday, September 28, 2016 3:38 PM