Export to Excel Header at fixed position RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All 

I am using the Export to Excel from SSRS Report . after export to excel when i scroll the report section ,The Report

header (That is the column names) also scrolls and it become invisible , Is there any solution available to place the Excel report  Header at the Top 

Regards

Sooraj

Wednesday, August 4, 2010 10:52 AM

Answers

• The fixed columns within excel are called freezed panes. To add a fixed row pane,

1) click on the first cell in 2nd row (or the row where you data begins below the header)

2) In office 2007 click on view tab

3) Now click on freeze panes (you would see a horizontal line appearing above the line of the cell you selected)

Now when you scroll down, the top row would stay fixed.

hope this helps

Please click "Mark as Answer" if this resolves your problem or "Vote as Helpful" if you find it helpful. BH
    • Proposed as answer by Challen Fu Friday, August 6, 2010 3:00 AM
    • Marked as answer by Challen Fu Friday, August 13, 2010 7:57 AM
    Wednesday, August 4, 2010 11:17 AM

All replies

• The fixed columns within excel are called freezed panes. To add a fixed row pane,

1) click on the first cell in 2nd row (or the row where you data begins below the header)

2) In office 2007 click on view tab

3) Now click on freeze panes (you would see a horizontal line appearing above the line of the cell you selected)

Now when you scroll down, the top row would stay fixed.

hope this helps

Please click "Mark as Answer" if this resolves your problem or "Vote as Helpful" if you find it helpful. BH
    • Proposed as answer by Challen Fu Friday, August 6, 2010 3:00 AM
    • Marked as answer by Challen Fu Friday, August 13, 2010 7:57 AM
    Wednesday, August 4, 2010 11:17 AM
  • Hi,

You might find this link interesting. These is about setting of an custom rendering exetetion.

http://mysqlserverblog.com/2008/01/03/changing-export-options-for-reporting-services.aspx

-Chintak
    Wednesday, August 4, 2010 11:32 AM
  • Can we set the Freeze pane option in SSRS , rather than after Exporting to Excel 

Regards 

Sooraj

Thursday, August 5, 2010 11:21 AM
  • I am not sure if SSRS has one to do this while export. Meantime did you check what Chintak suggested?

Another alternative I can suggest is to have custom routine or vb script that can add the free pane programmatically. You could call this with a schedule after the files are generated (if you are using sheduled subscriptions).

How to programmatically add freezed panes? Please have a look at http://www.codeforexcelandoutlook.com/excel-vba/freeze-excel-panes-with-vba/

Regards

Thursday, August 5, 2010 12:43 PM