none
MLLP Message Size limit RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I need to transfer a file (approx 100 MB) from one server to another in a different domain. I was asked not to use FILE or FTP adapters. Can I use MLLP ? Is there a limit on file size?

Also, is there a limit on the file size for WCF-adapter and WCF services?

Thanks

Thursday, May 3, 2012 7:49 PM

Answers

• Is there messaging or workflow associated with your file transfer?  If not, you might consider a more lightweight approach.  A stand alone service using TCP perhaps.

David Downing... If this answers your question, please Mark as the Answer. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful.

Friday, May 4, 2012 3:54 AM
  • MLLP adapter uses TCP protocol internally to transport message so message of 100MB should not be an issue. You can try it first in your test environment with message of even bigger size to test it.

Please mark the post answered your question as answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, it'll help other users who are visiting your thread for the similar problem, Regards -Rohit Sharma (http://rohitt-sharma.blogspot.com/)

Tuesday, May 8, 2012 6:12 AM

All replies

• Is there messaging or workflow associated with your file transfer?  If not, you might consider a more lightweight approach.  A stand alone service using TCP perhaps.

David Downing... If this answers your question, please Mark as the Answer. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful.

Friday, May 4, 2012 3:54 AM
  • MLLP adapter uses TCP protocol internally to transport message so message of 100MB should not be an issue. You can try it first in your test environment with message of even bigger size to test it.

Please mark the post answered your question as answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, it'll help other users who are visiting your thread for the similar problem, Regards -Rohit Sharma (http://rohitt-sharma.blogspot.com/)

Tuesday, May 8, 2012 6:12 AM