none
mahreen miangul OctOber 2017 RRS feed

• Question

• hello everybody bellow i have put two programs program 1 and program 2 the programs are working with geometric shapes but when i put sprite shapes( House) then both the programs dont work what am i doing stupid or am i on the wrong path please somebody help and and put me on the wright path thankyou

P1 mahreen miangul ID JPV911 P2 mahreen miangul ID HSJ374

mahreen miangul

Tuesday, October 3, 2017 6:26 AM

Answers

• s[1] = "1=0.5" will show the house but wont make it Animate the text is animating not the house how to animate the shape(house)insted of the shape(text) thankyou mahreen miangul

Your program only displays the house.
    How do you want to move the house?
    Blink?Move up, down, left and right?
    open and close windows and doors?
    smoke emanating from a chimney?

What's your plan?????

• Marked as answer by mussamaina Thursday, October 5, 2017 4:30 AM
    Wednesday, October 4, 2017 6:35 AM
    Answerer
  • hello and thankyou i am a learner anything will help in sprite shapes animation you can code any of the three  if its not a problem for you all three will be good thankyou                                        mahreen miangul

see  JPV911-0

House moves up, down, right ,left. 

• Marked as answer by mussamaina Friday, October 6, 2017 5:43 AM
    Thursday, October 5, 2017 11:50 AM
    Answerer
  • Yes, you can.

Currently you do (for a single text shape):

Action1(txtShape)
    Action2(txtShape)

For multiple Shapes you do (like you do/did in all your other programs with compound shapes):
    It's always the same procedure.

For p = 1 To nParts              ' loop over all single parts
      Action1(partShape[p])
      Action2(partShape[p])
    EndFor

• Marked as answer by mussamaina Tuesday, October 10, 2017 5:58 AM
    Monday, October 9, 2017 8:14 PM
    Answerer
  • hello in program ID HSJ374-1 "hello world" Add Move Rotate Opacity Zoom can i Add Move Rotate Opacity Zoom the "house" instead of hello world thankyou                                               mahreen miangul                             

This is a car rotation sample.   NWM720  Challenge of the month   May 2013  ...   A Shape (car)  Rotation

Monday, October 9, 2017 11:34 PM
    Answerer
  • program ID WGQ198 i wold like the house to do what the "sprite" and "hello world" are doing wil you help me with thanks                                                                                  mahreen miangul

this is a zooming sample.    DNS650

• Marked as answer by mussamaina Thursday, October 12, 2017 9:44 AM
    Wednesday, October 11, 2017 12:32 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi,

This is a zooming example, VNP375

The ellipse is changing its size.

Thanks,

Roshan - 7th Grade Student (Age 11) - Learning Small Basic

• Edited by [Roshan_Kumar] Wednesday, October 11, 2017 2:46 PM
    Wednesday, October 11, 2017 2:46 PM
  •                        ellipse rotating

GraphicsWindow.Width = Desktop.Width/2
    GraphicsWindow.Height = Desktop.Height/2
    GraphicsWindow.Top = 100
    GraphicsWindow.Left = 200
    zoomScaleX = 0.1
    zoomScaleY = 20
    cir = Shapes.AddEllipse(25,25)
    Shapes.Move(cir,500,250)
    While "True"
      zoomScaleX = zoomScaleX + 0.1
      zoomScaleY = zoomScaleY - 0.1
      Shapes.Zoom(cir,zoomScaleX,zoomScaleY) 
      If zoomScaleX = 20 Then
       zoomScaleX = 0.1
      EndIf
      If zoomScaleY = 0 Then
       zoomScaleY = 20
      EndIf
      Program.Delay(15)
    EndWhile

Wednesday, October 11, 2017 7:32 PM
  • program ID WGQ198 i wold like the house to do what the "sprite" and "hello world" are doing wil you help me with thanks                                                                                  mahreen miangul

zooming house sample.    SKK878  ,  scaling and rotation  SKK878-1

*  yellow ellipses are center position of each shapes.
    • Edited by NaochanONEditor Thursday, October 12, 2017 7:11 AM add photo,comment
    Thursday, October 12, 2017 5:25 AM
    Answerer
  • hello Partsposition() if not bother a little explanation need as this is not used in zooming code for ellipses triangles rectangles etc                                      with thanks                                       mahreen miangul

In Partsposition (), it calculates the distance and angle of each shape from the center of the largest rectangle.
    When comparing small house and big house, each angle is the same and distance is different.  (see upper photo)
    zooming () uses the distance and angle obtained by Partsposition ().
    Each distance is multiplied by the magnification to obtain the length, and each shape is moved to that distance and the angle.

• Marked as answer by mussamaina Friday, October 13, 2017 3:30 AM
    Thursday, October 12, 2017 12:57 PM
    Answerer
  • hello everybody bellow i have put two programs program 1 and program 2 the programs are working with geometric shapes but when i put sprite shapes( House) then both the programs dont work what am i doing stupid or am i on the wrong path please somebody help and and put me on the wright path thankyou

mahreen miangul

JPV911-1   zooming and rotation

Friday, October 13, 2017 2:14 AM
    Answerer
  • Answer to problem 4:

Shapes are created from back to front: You create the ladder as shape[1], then this shape is behind all others. If you want the ladder in front of all others, it should get the highest shape number. Thus renumber [1] to [10], and all others [2]..[10] should become [1]..[9].

Jan [ WhTurner ] The Netherlands

• Marked as answer by mussamaina Thursday, October 26, 2017 6:40 AM
    Wednesday, October 25, 2017 5:51 PM
    Answerer
  • hello problem 4 changing 1 and 10 the ladder is now not moving wih Arrowkeys instead now the blue car is moving with the Arrowkeys. problem 1,2,3,5, also need atantion, erase  "While zm<6" and " endwhile.line no: should be marked in the program thanking you                                                    mahreen miangul
    • Marked as answer by mussamaina Thursday, October 26, 2017 6:47 AM
    Thursday, October 26, 2017 6:47 AM
  • When you change the numbers of the shapes, you also have adapt the numbers in the program which use these numbers e.g. to move a shape.

If you changed the ladder to 10 and the blue car to 1, you have to change in the sub BlueCar_up the numbers of all the array references. The same for other changes

If you remove or comment  the While zm<6 and the corresponding EndWhile The Airplane moves and the drag and drop works also. 

The cloud not reappearing can be caused by the very long Animate (22 seconds). I don't see a solution at the moment.  For the cannonball I have also no solution at the moment.  First try to to get the rest working.

• Marked as answer by mussamaina Thursday, October 26, 2017 12:58 PM
    Thursday, October 26, 2017 11:20 AM
    Answerer
  • hello and thank you 1,3,4 are working 2and 5 remain unsolved will need further advise
    thankyou                                                                                         mahreen miangul

see  LJG183-0

• Marked as answer by mussamaina Thursday, October 26, 2017 2:15 PM
    Thursday, October 26, 2017 1:17 PM
    Answerer
  • By removing the ' from line 62 of LJG183-0  ((  'Shapes.Move(Ball,cannon1_x+5,cannon1_y+30)  )) the cannon fires !

• Marked as answer by mussamaina Thursday, October 26, 2017 2:39 PM
    Thursday, October 26, 2017 2:27 PM
    Answerer
  • The problem with Shapes.Animate is that the statement is executed and starts to move the cloud. The program goes on to run, and has no idea where the cloud is at every moment. After 22 seconds the cloud stops at the end coordinates x,y.  Then you want to move the cloud to the left.  You can insert a timer tick to do that, but the timer is already used. 

You can move the cloud in the same way as the airplane by adjusting the x and y in the main loop. On reaching the right side, change the sign of the delta x (and y) to move left. Is the only thing you want the cloud to move left and right?

• Marked as answer by mussamaina Friday, October 27, 2017 5:18 AM
    Thursday, October 26, 2017 3:31 PM
    Answerer
  • Haven't you seen repeated cloud???

see Line 254 to 258 in LJG183-0.

Sub BlueCar_up
      MM=MM+1
      If MM=23 then
        MM=0
        cloud()
      EndIf

Thursday, October 26, 2017 11:56 PM
    Answerer

All replies

•  In HSJ374 ,   s[1] = "1=0.5" is correct.
    Tuesday, October 3, 2017 8:32 AM
    Answerer
  • s[1] = "1=0.5" will show the house but wont make it Animate the text is animating not the house how to animate the shape(house)insted of the shape(text) thankyou mahreen miangul
    Wednesday, October 4, 2017 6:13 AM

Your program only displays the house.
    How do you want to move the house?
    Blink?Move up, down, left and right?
    open and close windows and doors?
    smoke emanating from a chimney?

What's your plan?????

• Marked as answer by mussamaina Thursday, October 5, 2017 4:30 AM
    Wednesday, October 4, 2017 6:35 AM
    Answerer
  • hello and thankyou i am a learner anything will help in sprite shapes animation you can code any of the three  if its not a problem for you all three will be good thankyou                                        mahreen miangul
    Thursday, October 5, 2017 4:35 AM

see  JPV911-0

House moves up, down, right ,left. 

• Marked as answer by mussamaina Friday, October 6, 2017 5:43 AM
    Thursday, October 5, 2017 11:50 AM
    Answerer
  • Car Moves and Stop by Self ID ZWJ237                                 mahreen miangul
    Friday, October 6, 2017 5:44 AM
  • hello in program ID HSJ374-1 "hello world" Add Move Rotate Opacity Zoom can i Add Move Rotate Opacity Zoom the "house" instead of hello world thankyou                                               mahreen miangul                             
    Monday, October 9, 2017 12:47 PM
  • Yes, you can.

Currently you do (for a single text shape):

Action1(txtShape)
    Action2(txtShape)

For multiple Shapes you do (like you do/did in all your other programs with compound shapes):
    It's always the same procedure.

For p = 1 To nParts              ' loop over all single parts
      Action1(partShape[p])
      Action2(partShape[p])
    EndFor

Monday, October 9, 2017 8:14 PM
    Answerer

This is a car rotation sample.   NWM720  Challenge of the month   May 2013  ...   A Shape (car)  Rotation

Monday, October 9, 2017 11:34 PM
    Answerer
  • hello every body   with thanks to program NWM720  Challenge of the month   May 2013
    ' Challenge of the month   OctOber 2017  ...   A Shape (Duck)  Rotation     ....     by  mahreen miangul
    ' both (duck) + (rotation) with thanks from NaochanON  
    ' Challenge of the month   May 2013  ...   A Shape (car)  Rotation     ....     by  NaochanON  

Make_shape_duck()

While "true"
      Rotate_duck()
      Program.Delay(200)
    endwhile

Sub Rotate_duck
      NN=NN+5     '  d_sita= 5  degrees
      For i=  1 To 11
        newX[i]=DR[i]*Math.Cos(Math.GetRadians(DS0[i]-NN))+XYC["X"]           '   new position .. X //center of the shape
        newY[i]=DR[i]*Math.sin(Math.GetRadians(DS0[i]-NN))+XYC["Y"]           '   new position .. Y //center of the shape
        If i=7 Then   '  7 = Light
          GraphicsWindow.PenColor="Yellow"
          GraphicsWindow.DrawLine(newX[i],newY[i],XYC["X"],XYC["Y"])          '   to show where is the Light // rotating angle
        endif
        If SHP[i]["func"] <>"tri" Then
          Shapes.Move(SHP[i]["obj"],newx[i]-shp[i]["width"]*s/2, newY[i]-shp[i]["height"]*s/2)  '  move the shape to  Left:Top  position
        Elseif  SHP[i]["func"]="tri" then  
          Shapes.Move(SHP[i]["obj"],newx[i]-(shp[i]["x1"]*s+shp[i]["x2"]*s)/2, newY[i]-(shp[i]["y1"]*s+shp[i]["y2"]*s)/2)
        EndIf
        Shapes.Rotate(SHP[i]["obj"],-NN)
      endfor
      If Math.Remainder(NN,360)=0 Then
        GraphicsWindow.BrushColor="Darkgreen"
        GraphicsWindow.FillRectangle(0,0,1200,700)                             '   erase  lines
      EndIf
    EndSub

Sub Make_shape_duck
      GraphicsWindow.BackgroundColor="Darkgreen"
      GraphicsWindow.Top=10
      GraphicsWindow.Left=50
      GraphicsWindow.Width=1200
      GraphicsWindow.Height=700
      '---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
       shp[1] = "func=ell;x=29;y=17;width=61;height=38;bc=#DFCA54;pc=#000000;pw=2;"              '    Head
       shp[2] = "func=ell;x=46;y=23;width=18;height=9;angle=354;bc=#DF3954;pc=#000000;pw=2;"     '   Eye
        shp[3] = "func=ell;x=70;y=45;width=16;height=36;angle=313;bc=#00CA54;pc=#000000;pw=2;"    '   Neck
        shp[4] = "func=tri;x=104;y=4;x1=10;y1=0;x2=0;y2=64;x3=45;y3=64;angle=0;bc=#DFCA54;pc=#000000;pw=2;" '  Wing
        shp[5] = "func=ell;x=80;y=58;width=146;height=44;bc=#DFCA54;pc=#000000;pw=2;"             '  Body
        shp[6] = "func=tri;x=144;y=0;x1=40;y1=0;x2=0;y2=75;x3=46;y3=75;angle=0;bc=#DF8754;pc=#000000;pw=2;"  ' Wing
        shp[7] = "func=ell;x=0;y=34;width=39;height=14;angle=354;bc=#DFCA54;pc=#000000;pw=2;"     '  Beak
        shp[8] = "func=line;x=197;y=95;x1=0;y1=0;x2=58;y2=4;pc=#DF3954;pw=4;"                     '   Leg  
        shp[9] = "func=line;x=255;y=99;x1=0;y1=0;x2=14;y2=9;pc=#DF3954;pw=4;"                     '  Leg
        shp[10] = "func=line;x=8;y=60;x1=0;y1=8;x2=49;y2=7;pc=#DF3954;pw=2;"
      shp[11] = "func=line;x=0;y=70;x1=9;y1=0;x2=0;y2=10;pc=#DF3954;pw=2;"
      XY0="X=600;Y=20"                                                                          '  X0 and Y0   .....  Initial Position
      XYC="X=600;Y=320"                                                                         '   Xc and Yc   ....   Rotating Center  Position
      s=1                                                                                       '  scale  
      Shapes_Add()
      '---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      For i=  1 To 11
        If SHP[i]["func"] <>"tri" Then
          X[i]=Shapes.GetLeft(SHP[i]["obj"])+shp[i]["width"]*s/2                                '  center of the shape ... X
          Y[i]=Shapes.GetTop(SHP[i]["obj"])+shp[i]["height"]*s/2                                '  center of the shape ... Y
        Else   '  func="tri"
          X[i]=Shapes.GetLeft(SHP[i]["obj"])+(shp[i]["x1"]*s+shp[i]["x2"]*s)/2                  '  center of the shape ... X   Note : X1<X3 <=  X2
          Y[i]=Shapes.GetTop(SHP[i]["obj"]) +(shp[i]["y1"]*s+shp[i]["y2"]*s)/2                  '  center of the shape ... Y    Note : Y1<Y3 <=  Y2
        EndIf
        DS0[i]=math.GetDegrees(Math.ArcTan((Y[i]-XYC["Y"])/(X[i]-XYC["X"])))                    '  degree // angle of the shape_Center  from   XYC position       
        DR[i]=Math.SquareRoot((X[i]-XYC["X"])*(X[i]-XYC["X"])+(Y[i]-XYC["Y"])*(Y[i]-XYC["Y"]))  '   radius  
      endfor
    EndSub

Sub shapes_Add
      For i = 1 To 11
        GraphicsWindow.PenWidth = SHP[i]["pw"]*s
        GraphicsWindow.PenColor = SHP[i]["pc"]
        GraphicsWindow.BrushColor = SHP[i]["bc"]
        If SHP[i]["func"] = "rect" Then
          SHP[i]["obj"] = Shapes.AddRectangle(SHP[i]["width"]*s, SHP[i]["height"]*s)
        ElseIf SHP[i]["func"] = "ell" Then
          SHP[i]["obj"] = Shapes.AddEllipse(SHP[i]["width"]*s, SHP[i]["height"]*s)
        ElseIf SHP[i]["func"] = "tri" Then
          SHP[i]["obj"] = Shapes.AddTriangle(SHP[i]["x1"]*s, SHP[i]["y1"]*s, SHP[i]["x2"]*s, SHP[i]["y2"]*s, SHP[i]["x3"]*s, SHP[i]["y3"]*s)
        EndIf
        Shapes.Move(SHP[i]["obj"], XY0["X"] + SHP[i]["x"]*s, XY0["Y"] + SHP[i]["y"]*s)
      EndFor
    endsub

Tuesday, October 10, 2017 3:29 PM
    Tuesday, October 10, 2017 3:38 PM

Wednesday, October 11, 2017 12:32 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi,

This is a zooming example, VNP375

The ellipse is changing its size.

Thanks,

Roshan - 7th Grade Student (Age 11) - Learning Small Basic

• Edited by [Roshan_Kumar] Wednesday, October 11, 2017 2:46 PM
    Wednesday, October 11, 2017 2:46 PM
  •                        ellipse rotating

GraphicsWindow.Width = Desktop.Width/2
    GraphicsWindow.Height = Desktop.Height/2
    GraphicsWindow.Top = 100
    GraphicsWindow.Left = 200
    zoomScaleX = 0.1
    zoomScaleY = 20
    cir = Shapes.AddEllipse(25,25)
    Shapes.Move(cir,500,250)
    While "True"
      zoomScaleX = zoomScaleX + 0.1
      zoomScaleY = zoomScaleY - 0.1
      Shapes.Zoom(cir,zoomScaleX,zoomScaleY) 
      If zoomScaleX = 20 Then
       zoomScaleX = 0.1
      EndIf
      If zoomScaleY = 0 Then
       zoomScaleY = 20
      EndIf
      Program.Delay(15)
    EndWhile

Wednesday, October 11, 2017 7:32 PM

zooming house sample.    SKK878  ,  scaling and rotation  SKK878-1

*  yellow ellipses are center position of each shapes.
    • Edited by NaochanONEditor Thursday, October 12, 2017 7:11 AM add photo,comment
    Thursday, October 12, 2017 5:25 AM
    Answerer
  • hello Partsposition() if not bother a little explanation need as this is not used in zooming code for ellipses triangles rectangles etc                                      with thanks                                       mahreen miangul
    Thursday, October 12, 2017 11:30 AM

In Partsposition (), it calculates the distance and angle of each shape from the center of the largest rectangle.
    When comparing small house and big house, each angle is the same and distance is different.  (see upper photo)
    zooming () uses the distance and angle obtained by Partsposition ().
    Each distance is multiplied by the magnification to obtain the length, and each shape is moved to that distance and the angle.

Thursday, October 12, 2017 12:57 PM
    Answerer

mahreen miangul

JPV911-1   zooming and rotation

Friday, October 13, 2017 2:14 AM
    Answerer
  • hello everybody program LJG183 needs attention with request no:1 aircraft is not moving no:2 cannon is not firing when fire the cloud comes out off it in place of the cannon ball no:3 drag and drop is also not working no:4 the ladder when moved always is behind the house while it should be in front of the house no:5 the cloud goes off the screen and does not repeat the five mistakes needs correction but simple 

no:1 aircraft movement
    no:2 cannon fire and movement
    no:3 drag and drop
    no: 4 ladder in front of the house
    no: 5 cloud repeating

with thanks                                                                                     mahreen miangul                                   

Wednesday, October 25, 2017 4:40 AM
  • erase  "While zm<6" and " endwhile.

program is waiting While zm<6  ...  endwhile looping.

Wednesday, October 25, 2017 3:24 PM
    Answerer
  • Answer to problem 4:

Shapes are created from back to front: You create the ladder as shape[1], then this shape is behind all others. If you want the ladder in front of all others, it should get the highest shape number. Thus renumber [1] to [10], and all others [2]..[10] should become [1]..[9].

• Marked as answer by mussamaina Thursday, October 26, 2017 6:40 AM
    Wednesday, October 25, 2017 5:51 PM
    Answerer
  • hello problem 4 changing 1 and 10 the ladder is now not moving wih Arrowkeys instead now the blue car is moving with the Arrowkeys. problem 1,2,3,5, also need atantion, erase  "While zm<6" and " endwhile.line no: should be marked in the program thanking you                                                    mahreen miangul
    • Marked as answer by mussamaina Thursday, October 26, 2017 6:47 AM
    Thursday, October 26, 2017 6:47 AM
  • When you change the numbers of the shapes, you also have adapt the numbers in the program which use these numbers e.g. to move a shape.

If you changed the ladder to 10 and the blue car to 1, you have to change in the sub BlueCar_up the numbers of all the array references. The same for other changes

If you remove or comment  the While zm<6 and the corresponding EndWhile The Airplane moves and the drag and drop works also. 

The cloud not reappearing can be caused by the very long Animate (22 seconds). I don't see a solution at the moment.  For the cannonball I have also no solution at the moment.  First try to to get the rest working.

• Marked as answer by mussamaina Thursday, October 26, 2017 12:58 PM
    Thursday, October 26, 2017 11:20 AM
    Answerer
  • hello and thank you 1,3,4 are working 2and 5 remain unsolved will need further advise
    thankyou                                                                                         mahreen miangul
    Thursday, October 26, 2017 1:01 PM

see  LJG183-0

• Marked as answer by mussamaina Thursday, October 26, 2017 2:15 PM
    Thursday, October 26, 2017 1:17 PM
    Answerer
  • By removing the ' from line 62 of LJG183-0  ((  'Shapes.Move(Ball,cannon1_x+5,cannon1_y+30)  )) the cannon fires !

• Marked as answer by mussamaina Thursday, October 26, 2017 2:39 PM
    Thursday, October 26, 2017 2:27 PM
    Answerer
  • hello thank you for program LJG183-0  very good one by removing the '  line 62 of LJG183-0  ((  'Shapes.Move(Ball,cannon1_x+5,cannon1_y+30)  ))the problem can be solved the problem can also be solved if we remove-line 50 (If ZM<6 then) and line 70(endif) from the program the cannon starts moving left right with keys X and Y and also fire by key F. problem 1,2,3,4 solved the only one left is problem no:5 thankyou                                          mahreen miangul
    Thursday, October 26, 2017 2:39 PM
  • The problem with Shapes.Animate is that the statement is executed and starts to move the cloud. The program goes on to run, and has no idea where the cloud is at every moment. After 22 seconds the cloud stops at the end coordinates x,y.  Then you want to move the cloud to the left.  You can insert a timer tick to do that, but the timer is already used. 

You can move the cloud in the same way as the airplane by adjusting the x and y in the main loop. On reaching the right side, change the sign of the delta x (and y) to move left. Is the only thing you want the cloud to move left and right?

Thursday, October 26, 2017 3:31 PM
    Answerer
  • Haven't you seen repeated cloud???

see Line 254 to 258 in LJG183-0.

Sub BlueCar_up
      MM=MM+1
      If MM=23 then
        MM=0
        cloud()
      EndIf

Thursday, October 26, 2017 11:56 PM
    Answerer
  •                Multiple KeyBoard Animation PFF614                     mahreen miangul
    Saturday, October 28, 2017 4:49 AM