none
What WCF message exchange patterns are supported by BizTalk? RRS feed

• Question

• I’m working on wcf transport channel, and I want to be able to use the channel with a custom binding in BizTalk. The question is what message exchange patterns are supported by BizTalk? Would it be enough to implement IInputChannel/IOutputChannel (one-way) or do I need to implement IRequestChannel/IReplyChannel to support request-reply?

Saturday, August 30, 2008 11:48 AM

Answers

• For Send Ports: IRequestChannel (you cannot use IOutputChannel).

For Receive Locations: Either IInputChannel or IReplyChannel.

Sunday, August 31, 2008 1:54 PM
  • IReplyChannel is used for inbound communication, where the binding delivers incoming messages from the transport layer to the consumer (which acts as a service), and the consumer sends back a response to be delivered via the transport layer.

Hence, IReplyChannel fits in only in a ReceiveLocation, and not on a Send Port.

Sunday, August 31, 2008 10:41 PM

All replies

• For Send Ports: IRequestChannel (you cannot use IOutputChannel).

For Receive Locations: Either IInputChannel or IReplyChannel.

Sunday, August 31, 2008 1:54 PM
  • Thanks

Would I need to implement IReplyChannel on my send port as well? Would you have any links with more information about the subject?

//Mikael

Sunday, August 31, 2008 6:23 PM
  • IReplyChannel is used for inbound communication, where the binding delivers incoming messages from the transport layer to the consumer (which acts as a service), and the consumer sends back a response to be delivered via the transport layer.

Hence, IReplyChannel fits in only in a ReceiveLocation, and not on a Send Port.

Sunday, August 31, 2008 10:41 PM