The server network address "TCP://mirror:5023" can not be reached or does not exist. Check the network address name and that the ports for the local and remote endpoints are operational. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all.

Sorry to ask a same question with many other topics but I have try many ways and read other topics throughout, but I still get this error. I try to configure database mirroring in asynchronous mode (without witness server), I install two SQL Server instance on the same machine, one is principle, the others is mirror, I have turn off the firewall and delete and recreate mirroring endpoint but I still get this error:

"The server network address "TCP://mirror:5023" can not be reached or does not exist. Check the network address name and that the ports for the local and remote endpoints are operational."

How can I solve that case, I have try for a week but there is no ways to solve this.

Friday, October 19, 2012 3:55 AM

Answers

• I solve this problem by uninstall SQL server, delete all install folder (C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server), reinstall a brand new SQL Server one in both mirror and principal and the problem are solved.
    • Marked as answer by Shulei Chen Wednesday, October 24, 2012 7:37 AM
    Wednesday, October 24, 2012 1:46 AM

All replies

• chek this url

http://www.sqlsoldier.com/wp/sqlserver/troubleshooting-atabasemirroringerror1418

replace the server name with IP and try

Ramesh Babu Vavilla MCTS,MSBI

Friday, October 19, 2012 6:53 AM
  • Hi,

Have you also checked this related blog, which provides some suggestions on how to resolve this kind of error? Please try to follow the suggestions and check if they could help.

Best Regards,
    Ray Chen

Monday, October 22, 2012 8:29 AM
  • I solve this problem by uninstall SQL server, delete all install folder (C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server), reinstall a brand new SQL Server one in both mirror and principal and the problem are solved.
    • Marked as answer by Shulei Chen Wednesday, October 24, 2012 7:37 AM
    Wednesday, October 24, 2012 1:46 AM