sql connection error RRS feed

• Question

• anybody help me about my sql express server.Im having a problem with one of the user in our company which im trying to connect the pc to an sql server everything is configured and the other user which i configured works perfectly but only on this pc has an issue about connecting to sql server...

Connection Failed:
    SQL State: '01000'
    SQL Server: Error: 10060
    [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNETLIB]ConnectionOpen (Connect())
    Connection Failed:
    SQL State: '08001'
    SQL Server Error: 17
    [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNETLIB]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.

pls..i need a slutions

Monday, April 20, 2015 8:46 AM

Answers

• HI ERIC,

Thanks a lot i really appreciate it...i solved the issue i change the windows into 32 bit...and it works.

thanks a lot 

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Monday, May 11, 2015 8:28 AM
    Sunday, May 10, 2015 5:54 AM

All replies

• What is the connection type?

Desktop--> IIS server

Desktop[outofbrowser] --> IIS server

HTMLClient

Have you checked both client have same SQLSERVER client connect type version?

Eric

Monday, April 20, 2015 11:28 AM
  • yes it has the same version...all other user i configure it works but only with one pc which this error always appear

• Edited by Randee L Tuesday, April 21, 2015 6:37 AM
    Tuesday, April 21, 2015 6:34 AM
  • HI Randee,

Thanks for your feedback.

Please check whether configure the user connection and publish database schema in Lightswitch Publish Application Wizard properly.

Regards

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, May 8, 2015 6:16 AM
  • If all other machines in the network don't have connect problems and all drivers and connect setting are equal as you mentioned  the same it's an infrastructure issue and not an LS problem can you ping the Application Server machine from the client machine [ the one having problems] , are all machines in the same network or  different segments?

Eric

Friday, May 8, 2015 7:03 AM
  • HI ERIC,

Thanks a lot i really appreciate it...i solved the issue i change the windows into 32 bit...and it works.

thanks a lot 

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Monday, May 11, 2015 8:28 AM
    Sunday, May 10, 2015 5:54 AM
  • thanks angie xu,

for your time my system works now...its on windows issue before it was 64 bit i change it to 64 bit windows 7 pro and it works..

thank u so much.

Sunday, May 10, 2015 5:59 AM
  • To administer ODBC for a 32-bit program on 64-bit windows, use C:\windows\syswow64\odbcad32.exe instead of that found under administrative tools (system32).

Regards Roger.

• Edited by RogerExp Monday, May 11, 2015 10:33 AM
    Monday, May 11, 2015 10:24 AM