Online System tracking by latitude longitude in Asp.net core app RRS feed

• Question

• User-1021996768 posted

Hi. I have big question and grateful for your help.

We have a Fleet Management system based on different GPS devices and Ms-sql server as database. The coordinates and location and sensors details will be send with socket into server. In our app the online tracking vehicles is missing and I have to create one.

I know there might be many solutions but I want best. Is there any way do this via SignalR? 

Should I use socket?

I've seen an  article that exactly implement what I want but in Php via xammp server. 

Thanks. 

Monday, March 1, 2021 7:50 AM

All replies

• User475983607 posted

I know there might be many solutions but I want best. Is there any way do this via SignalR?

SignalR runs in a browser.  Does your client hardware/OS support a browser?

Should I use socket?

Sending data between two points depends on your hardware.  If you are using a modem then the modem typically takes care of the connection.  You interact with the hardware using standard AT commands.  Read the docs for your hardware.

I recommend meeting with your team to learn how your existing system functions. 

Monday, March 1, 2021 1:10 PM
  • User-474980206 posted

It depends on the tracking hardware. In the link, the gps hardware used a cell modem and SMS messages, instead of tcp. This was probably chosen due to cost (no data plan required). 

as signalr requires a persistent connection, this might be a very expensive solution. Also as suggested it requires the hardware to support cell data and tcp. You suggest your hardware has socket support, but to use signal/r you would need to write a signal/r client for the hardware.

If you use tcp, you will need a robust client to handle network failures and reconnects. An IOT (internet of things) supported protocol is a better choice. Maybe MQTT or XMPP does the software library of your hardware support an IOT protocol?

Note: Azure has an IOT hub that can collect IOT messages.

Monday, March 1, 2021 4:47 PM