none
Error configuring Appfabric (WorkflowManagementService.exe.config is missing) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm installing "AppFabric 1.1 for Windows Server" in my development machine however when I start to configure it, an error is displayed in powershell.

This is the error message in powershell: (Sorry, I'm not allowed to put an image because they need to verify my account)

Use-CacheCluster : ErrorCode<ERRCAdmin040>:SubStatus<ES0001>:Failed to connect to hosts in the cluster
    At line:1 char:46
    + Import-Module DistributedCacheAdministration;Use-CacheCluster
    +                                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Use-CacheCluster], DataCacheException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.ApplicationServer.Caching.DataCacheException,Microsoft.ApplicationServer.Cachi
       ng.Commands.UseCacheClusterCommand

PS C:\Windows\system32> Get-CacheHost

HostName : CachePort     Service Name            Service Status Version Info
    --------------------     ------------            -------------- ------------
    testing1.something.ts:22233 AppFabricCachingService DOWN           0 [0,0][0,0]

Notice that the version number is 0[0,0][0,0].

I have started the Remote Registry service. I also enabled the firewall (inbound and outbound rules) for Appfabric caching service but I still cannot configure it successfully.

I have tried to install many times but I still cannot configure. 

I checked the log and saw an error:

Output: SUCCESS: Specified value was saved.
    ExitCode=0
    8/2/2017 3:09:21 PM EXEPATH=C:\Windows\system32\\icacls.exe PARAMS="C:\Program Files\AppFabric 1.1 for Windows Server\\" /restore "C:\Program Files\AppFabric 1.1 for Windows Server\aclfile.txt" /c LOGFILE=C:\Users\SampleUser\AppData\Local\Temp\AppServerSetup1_1_CustomActions(2017-08-02 15-09-17).log
    Output: processed file: C:\Program Files\AppFabric 1.1 for Windows Server\.
    Output: processed file: C:\Program Files\AppFabric 1.1 for Windows Server\CacheConfiguration.exe.config
    Output: processed file: C:\Program Files\AppFabric 1.1 for Windows Server\DistributedCacheService.exe.config
    Output: processed file: C:\Program Files\AppFabric 1.1 for Windows Server\powershell.exe.activation_config
    Error: C:\Program Files\AppFabric 1.1 for Windows Server\WorkflowManagementService.exe.config: The system cannot find the file specified.
    Output: processed file: C:\Program Files\AppFabric 1.1 for Windows Server\Manifests\ProviderGUID.txt
    Output: Successfully processed 5 files; Failed processing 1 files
    ExitCode=0

Does anyone know how to fix this? I don't know what else to try to fix my issue. 

Thanks in advance,

Joy

• Edited by J_o_y Friday, August 4, 2017 10:23 AM
    Thursday, August 3, 2017 10:20 AM

All replies

• Hi Joy,

>> an error is displayed in powershell

How did you configure AppFabric? It seems you use AppFabric configuration cmdlets.

I suggest you try to follow link by a configuration wizard.

# Configure AppFabric

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh351248(v=azure.10).aspx

Best Regards,

Edward

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 4, 2017 3:18 AM
  • Hi Edward,

I configured it using Appfabric Server Configuration Wizard. I didn't get any errors in the wizard. But when I run the Caching Administration Powershell, I get an error:

Use-CacheCluster : ErrorCode<ERRCAdmin040>:SubStatus<ES0001>:Failed to connect to hosts in the cluster

I'm trying to use the command "Use-CacheCluster" and "Grant-CacheAllowedClientAccounts", but I keep on getting the error. I did run the powershell as administrator.

I also checked the logs in temp folder and I saw this:

Failed to read remote registry key from host [FQDN is shown here]: Microsoft.ApplicationServer.Caching.DataCacheException: ErrorCode<ERRCAdmin026>:SubStatus<ES0001>:Remote registry access failed on host [FQDN is shown here]. Check if the required permissions are available and the host is not down. ---> System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Attempted to perform an unauthorized operation.
      at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.Win32ErrorStatic(Int32 errorCode, String str)
      at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.OpenRemoteBaseKey(RegistryHive hKey, String machineName, RegistryView view)
      at Microsoft.ApplicationServer.Caching.AdminApi.CacheAdmin.GetRemoteRegistryKey(String hostName, Boolean writable)
      --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
      at Microsoft.ApplicationServer.Caching.AdminApi.CacheAdmin.GetRemoteRegistryKey(String hostName, Boolean writable)
      at Microsoft.ApplicationServer.Caching.AdminApi.CacheAdmin.GetServerVersion(String hostName),DistributedCache.CacheAdmin,Error,2017-8-4 11:38:43.940

I'm not sure how to fix this issue. I tried a lot of the solutions but I still can't make my appfabric to work.

Any help is appreciated. :)

Thanks and Regards,

Joy

• Edited by J_o_y Friday, August 4, 2017 10:18 AM
    Friday, August 4, 2017 10:17 AM
  • Hi Joy,

Do you mean it works by Configuration Wizard, but failed by Powershell?

I suggest you try to check below link.

# Error Setting-up AppFabric Cache Server 1.1 on Local Computer

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/20893168/error-setting-up-appfabric-cache-server-1-1-on-local-computer

To be honesty, this forum is used to discuss about WCF issue, we are not familiar with setting-up AppFabric Cache Server. There is AppFabric Caching to discuss this issue, but it seems this forum is locked and we could not post new issues.

I suggest you post this issue to SO to check whether they could help.

Best Regards,

Edward

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 7, 2017 1:38 AM
  • Hi Edward, 

Sorry for asking too much but what does SO mean? 

Thanks and Regards,

Joy

Monday, August 7, 2017 2:15 AM
  • It means below forum.

#https://stackoverflow.com/

Best Regards,

Edward

MSDN Community Support

Monday, August 7, 2017 5:37 AM