Bug:Pen cursor doesn't change properly when tiling app.

Question

• This isn't a question.Just bug report.

I can't find proper place to report bug,so I write it here.

When tiling app ,for example desktop and store app,cursor for pen doesn't change properly.It keep as it was.

After moving pointer by mouse,cursor for pen starts to reflect proper cursor according to the move of pen.

If your app is on full window,it doesn't happen.

Is it a bug of window?or I missed something?

Regards,

cyclops

Wednesday, March 5, 2014 3:29 AM

All replies

• This forum is appropriate for app development issues. For help using Windows please post in the appropriate forum for your OS at http://answers.microsoft.com .

That said, I'm not able to reproduce an obvious problem here. Can you provide exact repro steps and a clear explanation of the expected and actual results?

--Rob

Wednesday, March 5, 2014 9:27 AM
    Owner
  • The place you linked seems to be  better than here,so I'll write there next time.

exact repro steps are

1.Tile desktop and some store app.For example,put desktop on the left side and put some store app on the right.

2.In the desktop,move some window in a way that there is almost no space between the right edge of window and the border of desktop and store app.

3.move pen on the right edge of window and confirm cursor change to SizeWestEast.

4.Move pen to the right quickly not to change by being on the border or somewhere.

I wrote a test logic in my app to change cursor to arrow and hand according to the position of pointer.

Expected is that cursor is changed by moving pointer and actual is not.

When this happens,moving pointer by pen doesn't change cursor.It keeps as it was.But after moving pointer by mouse,pointer by pen starts to change cursor by the position.

Moving pointer by mouse seems to change cursor always.

I confirmed this on Surface Pro2 and Asus's Vivo tab 8.

I wrote this doesn't happen in full window state,but this does sometime.

cyclops

• Edited by cyclops2 Wednesday, March 5, 2014 10:43 AM
    Wednesday, March 5, 2014 10:35 AM